Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Computing Q?

gordypix

When I open up a website (TOC included) on AOL it pops up into a new window approximately 4" by 3" in size.

This is very strange as it is tiny in size and they always (up to yesterday) used to open up in full screen size windows..................

Have I knocked a setting out of sync?

Any Ideas folks :help:

When I open up a website (TOC included) on AOL it pops up into a new window approximately 4" by 3" in size.

This is very strange as it is tiny in size and they always (up to yesterday) used to open up in full screen size windows..................

Have I knocked a setting out of sync?

Any Ideas folks :help:

I know in IE (internet explorer) you have to change the registry values, not sure about AOL as i've never used it!

you might have opened (or had a one opened) a popup Gordy... these can sometimes knock your settings a little squiffy... generally empty your browser cache and it sorts it out :thumbsup:

otherwise... not a clue :P

you might have opened (or had a one opened) a popup Gordy... these can sometimes knock your settings a little squiffy... generally empty your browser cache and it sorts it out :thumbsup:

otherwise... not a clue :P

HAsn't worked - Am I doing it correctly - Tell me how to empty the cache just in case I have missed something when I think I was doing it................... :wacko:

Open your AOL account.

Click the Settings on the toolbar (My AOL for older versions).

Select Preferences.

Select Internet Properties link on the left-hand side, (Older versions will show a 'WWW' box).

On the right hand side, click Empty Cache Now.

In the middle of the Internet Options box, click on Temporary Internet Files.

Click Delete Files. Check the box for Delete All Offline Content.

Click OK.

Hope this works - i have AOL but refuse to use the bowser - latest version is a seriouse memory hogger..

J

This is what I had already done - Still NOT working............

What next? :wacko:

This is what I had already done - Still NOT working............

What next? :wacko:

Try streching the window rather than just clicking on the 'Maximize' button.......what is happening is that the size of the window is being remembered in the system registry. I know how to reset this for Internet Explorer but not for AOL!

I use IE, I used to get a little box the same as what you are describing appear when I had a virus on my old PC however it was a blank box with no background visible...... :unsure:

I use IE, I used to get a little box the same as what you are describing appear when I had a virus on my old PC however it was a blank box with no background visible...... :unsure:

I have no visible viruses and the window is just any new web page opening - where they used to open up almost full screen size - the window is now 4X3" :crybaby:

Linky

This is what im going on about.....the best guide I can find!

I know its for IE but AOL might use the same setting/reg so give it a try

*Scroll down to 'Opening Internet Explorer Full Size' :thumbsup:

Bit silly, but have you tried rebooting Gordy? I find it helps with a variety of problems!  :thumbsup:

THANKS EM - hAVE DONE THAT A FEW TIMES BUT TO NO AVAIL :crybaby:

Linky

This is what im going on about.....the best guide I can find!

I know its for IE but AOL might use the same setting/reg so give it a try

*Scroll down to 'Opening Internet Explorer Full Size'  :thumbsup:

Not working - What the heck is wrong here :ffs:

Does it happen when you open a brand new browser session or does it happen when you click a link in another browser, which in turn opens a new window??

Does it do the same in IE/Firefox (if you have either installed)

well I have just tried to Google it for you Gordy, no one else has had this problem, but apparently the AOL version of IE does have a few minor glitches and they recommend that if you have problems, to download the proper Microsoft Internet Explorer instead.

I dunno if that'll help.

Linkage

any link/new window opens up in this small size............

Right....try this

Your browser might have been high jacked.......install/run microsoft antispy and also try scanning your pc for spyware!

Im just looking for link/option....post in a bit

so what do i need to do to get it to save the settings?

Try closing the window by clicking on the Cross in the top corner. Then close the AOL browser itself. Then reload it and see if it works correctly.

I do reccomend an install of Firefox though...

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links