Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Car Keys And New Ecu

kobie

Hi,

I have a 2004 avensis and had a bit of a disaster.

One of my master keys was stolen and the other was chucked down the toilet by my young son so I have no key to disarm the alarm. I still have the grey one and the car starts just goes flashing and beeping along the road !

I called toyota and they have said that I'll need a new ECU, etc and keys costing £1400-00 gulp ! :ph34r:

However, I've just spoken to a guy who is confident that he can re-program toyota alarms WITHOUT a master key. If I just buy a blank from Toyota then he will be able to re-instate the remote alarm.

What are your thoughts ?

Cheers

Kobie.

Ouch! :eek:

Aside doing what you've said, the only thing I can suggest is looking for an accident damaged one to get the parts off.

It may mean a bit of travelling, but cheaper than a grand potentially!!

Ouch!  :eek:

Aside doing what you've said, the only thing I can suggest is looking for an accident damaged one to get the parts off.

It may mean a bit of travelling, but cheaper than a grand potentially!!

I found some guys on the internet that thisnk they can re-program the alarm as I've still got one good key for the immobiliser.

Plus there seem to be some exchange sites, send your old one back and they send you a replacement !

K.

Nad,

Thanks for the offer but I'm in Scotland !

I have this local guy who can program the ECU immobiliser and alarm to accept new keys WITHOPUT either of the Toyota masters. I need to provide a new blank master.

As you seem to have some experince of this do you think this could be correct ?

What are the chance of my car being a vegtable after the re-programming ?

If he can do this then I'm pretty miffed with Toyota, ok they need to protect their car protection systems but surley they should be able to offer a similar service.

Apparently the service centres do not have the equipment to program a ecu so simply replace it and chanrge you 10% of the car cost. Sounds like profiteering to me...

Cheers

Kobie.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
HKS_TC_Corolla_GTi: can you program my ecu to accept a new key?

I think you need to start to look else where...

necuase he has not been on since 2005

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links