Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Foreign Currency

Blue84

Hi All,

I need to get some Pounds changed into Euro this week and not quite sure where is best to go, any ideas?

Do you have to go in and reserve them or can it be done immediately?

I know the Post Office exchange euro into Pound so I assume they can do it the other way around immediately?

If anyone can give me any pointers I'd appreciate it..

T

When I went to Germany earlier this year, I got my money changed at the Post Office. No hassle and I could pay with my card too. Didn't have to phone before I went in and this was only a little outlet. :thumbsup:

it depend on which Euro you want, the French Euros are alot harder to get, than the Euros used in Spain or Germany ;)

Go down your local high street and check the travel agents out and as said the post office, look for the best rate and any special offers. Speak to a couple of people and if one say's if you find a better rate come back and we'll match it (Thomas Cook's are reknown for that one ;) ).

Go and have a coffee then go back and say x travel agent does say 730 euros for £500 when really they are doing it for 710 which is the best you can find, they match it and your 20 euros over the best rate in town. Work's everytime for me :D

Robbie - is it true that Irish Euros are worth more as well?  :lol:

yea thats true, the Irish Euro are the same value as the English Pound, so if ye like i`ll give ye all a staight swap :yes:

Irish€1=£1

yea when i was over for JAE i noticed that the banks over there don`t do Foreign exchange, thats strange :huh: , as all ours do

just go abroad and pop ya card in the ATM, ask for xxx euros and it does all the work, ive never been to the bank/post office, always done it that way :yes:

just go abroad and pop ya card in the ATM, ask for xxx euros and it does all the work, ive never been to the bank/post office, always done it that way :yes:

Doesnt your bank charge you for that though??

Doesnt your bank charge you for that though??

Depends who you're with, there's an advert on the telly about that & its dead funny. Cant remember what bank it's for though so it defeats the purpose of it

normal exchange rate as stated by the mint, no fee either

but then i do have a gold account :rolleyes: may be different elsewhere?

Robbie - is it true that Irish Euros are worth more as well?  :lol:

yea thats true, the Irish Euro are the same value as the English Pound, so if ye like i`ll give ye all a staight swap :yes:

Irish€1=£1

yea when i was over for JAE i noticed that the banks over there don`t do Foreign exchange, thats strange :huh: , as all ours do

Banks in my town do. ;)

Thanks for all the info people, you have put my mind at rest!

I have my rota day off on Thursday so I'm gonna go and get them sorted then..it's handy to have a place like Lakeside 10 mins up the road, can get all I need there in one trip :)

Seen a lot of "no commision on currency" adverts around recently so I will track those down again and use it :thumbsup:

These Euro are needed for Belgium anyway so just want the "standard" easy to get hold of ones :yes:

it depend on which Euro you want, the French Euros are alot harder to get, than the Euros used in Spain or Germany  ;)

I know he is English, but no fair winding him up :P :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links