Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avalon transmission

Avalon1

A question for you mechanically inclined out there. This winter my 2000 Avalon auto transmission started acgting strqabgely. That is, when the vehicle is cold the car does not want to shift from second to third gear until about 2500 RPMs or at around 35miles per hour. After the car warms up, it shifts normally at about 15 and 21 MPH. I have had the dealer examine the car and service the transmission and he says there is nothing wrong. He claims the transmission is set to shift late when it's cold to maintain RPMS. Sounds like a story to me. Anyone have any ideas about this situation?

• 2 months later...

i have the same on my transmission... it takes a while to shift when cold. Perhaps it is to do with the choke being on that the car does not ***** when the choke is active... going from a higher revolution to a lower revotuion is smoother than the other way round.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links