Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tfl Box Junction Fine

edli83

Hi guys, just want to get some advice.

I recived a letter from TFL today saying I am being fined for stopping in a box junction(dont even remember doing it...)

After reading it further they said they sent me a notice a month ago on the date of the incident, but I didnt recieve no notice. So now they think im ignoring it and have sent me a bill for £150!!!!

My theory is that it probably got lost in the post, which im sure will sound like an excuse to them, but surely I shouldnt be responsible for the quality of postal service they use......

Is there a point of trying to appeal/fight this to get it reduced or is it just a loss cause and I should just cough up, anyone had any experience with this?

Any advice/help would be very much appreciated

Ed

Yeah there must have been a camera there recording you stopping in the box junction - they're becoming quite popular apparently :rolleyes:

Your legally entitled to see the evidence (I think!)

Yeah there must have been a camera there recording you stopping in the box junction - they're becoming quite popular apparently  :rolleyes:

Your legally entitled to see the evidence (I think!)

Yep........seen it on the tv about trials in certain citys a while back. They just set up a video camera and if anyone is seen stopping in the box it's an automatic fine.

I think that it's a good idea personally........ nothing agaist you though edli83!

You are legally entitled to see the evidence as no evidence - no case!

if i stopped in it, i dont really mind paying!

But 150£ without recieving a first warning is really extortionate!!! :(

arghhh so !Removed!, waking up to a 150£ bill in the morning is not the best way to start your day!!!!

Similar happened to me, a good while ago. I parked where I shouldn't have & got caught. Fair enough :(

Sent off the cheque & form immediately as I was going on Hols. & didn't want to forget. Month later got a letter saying I was due in court for not paying. Sent them a photocopy of my cheque, front & back, & they wrote back that they had no record of my fine being paid & that the reference numbers (theirs) on the cheque didn't apply to my case.

I couldn't be bothered, so I paid again :ffs:

What happened, I reckon, was that the person in front of me put HIS ticket on my car. I saw the ticket, knew I was in the wrong & paid HIS fine without checking reg. number. :wacko:

He was in a can't lose situation. If I copped it & didn't pay, he could pay when he got the threatening letter.

My advice is Pay up & put it behind you. It is too much money, but is it worth putting yourself through the mill for?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links