Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Waiting And Waiting

Jinxed

*looks at Jinxed..... you really are going bonkers without her arent you? you poor thing...:P

you ever make it to the Jap North West meets? or not had a chance yet with the '2? when you get her back you'll have to pop along to the November one.. and say hi to your fellow TOCers ;)

*looks :wacko: at JaydanWilde .... shhh dont tell everyone :lol: jeppers the waits shorting my head. ppl are looking at me near where i live an starting to ask whats happened to it and im sure they think i wrapped her up <_< i know i know its temporary but WAAAAAAAAAAH :crybaby: i WANT MY TURBO :D I cant help it.... its the first really really nice car ive ever had. Even despite the problems, a single(ok two wheels :) ) wheel off it is worth practically the same as nearly every other car ive owned.

as for meets, i havent been to any yet but they sound appealing :) . Iv'e chatted with some really nice ppl on here and it would be nice to put some faces to names. if i got her back for November :rolleyes: and job duties dont interfere(cant drop aspects of my job sadly) ill be there :yes:

Sounds like a plan.... next Jap North West meet at Mascrat Manor is on Monday 14th November :) so plenty of time to get her back hopefully :)

There tends to be a Corolla and a couple of Yaris who make it... plus me in my MR2... am trying to get PenelopePitstop to come along in her mk3 too ;) should be a laugh :)

Might see ya there :thumbsup:

hopefully plenty of time to get her back :thumbsup: im really hoping wednesday but... been here before several times over last couple of weeks and ... well maybe its gonna show this wednesday :yes: if so its on my to do list :thumbsup:

what a mixed day... dunno whether i feel like whooping for joy or sulking now.

morning was good. went work, had good turnout and got a txt telling me the engines going back in right now and that all it needs is a lil testing and i should be looking at getting her tomorrow evening(crosses every crossable part) :)

then afternoon was not. found a nice lil letter recorded delivery. thought it was toc memberpack, and that it was small, thought again, wondered some, made a cup of coffee and lit up when it crossed me it might be something else not too good(wondered if it was police speeding ticket thing). decided to open it, saw direct line on the top of it, which isnt my insurance company and discovered they were looking to sue me because my old insurance company havent been corresponding with them over an incident last year which is.... to put it mildly bobbins(the incident). The guy at MY insurance company i spoke to did a good job of trying to get me to empathise with the other drivers possible claim and i dont think he realised i didnt care in any good way even after i replied a few times with remarks like "thats nice for him", "i hope any money he gets from this is cursed", "i should have left him in his car and flicked matches at his petrol tank", "I hope he dies.... painfully". I almost recommended he give them a ring and sign up for the courtcase as a speaker for him(it would have made a jury cry). Go figure

mad mad day.... hope tomorrows nice(tomorrows when i get the speeding ticket lmao i can jus see it, i cant have been lucky enough to get away with it can i?) and hope i can get this tosh out of my mind <_<

insurance companies are BLANKETY BLANK blankety blank

arrr.......i will take you for a coffee at mac dees at Saddle junction and then buy you some pop corn from the cinema ,,if that makes you feel better :thumbsup:

and will you drive away very quickly after you find out im a saddo? :lol: j/k ;) wicked sense of humour at times heh

PP it'd be lovely to have a coffee with you if you'd have a coffee with me but im paying k :yes: is always lovely to meet new ppl and hopefully make another good friend :) in truth youve already made me feel better :thumbsup:

and wed really hafta double team the 2's so the guys can check urs an the ladies can check mine :P we cant waste the oppo to pose some can we now :D

ps 214 has been officially retired from service tonight and has passed onto the reliquary for lil cars that have lived to see the end of their days. may she rest easy now and find a better place in car heaven shortly. The 214 is dead LONG LIVE THE 214!

and it was replaced in the interim by a 2 series volvo estate .... jinxed is a good nicky for me, this is getting better ROFL :lol::thumbsup:

*Prays for tomorrow to hold great news regarding the 2 ;) then pours a purdey and bacardi !!! :thumbsup:

oooo :eek: so you will be doing the laps round maccy dees tomoz if car is back....rofl.......ru one of those that does loud wheel spins and handbrake turns!!!!!I might go to one of these "meets" that jayden wilde has been going on about..wiv me mate Paris Hilton.....so i will leave my leather troursers and scissors at home and get my Penelope racing gear on ....so i am recognised :thumbsup:

first thing ill be doing tomorrow; itll be late on when i get her, is sitting quietly in her and paying her the respect due.

secondly im going to have to make a lil prayer to the powers that be to keep her safe, me im disposable.... the car.... the car isnt.

Thirdly, im going to do my best valet routine on the interior.... if just one mechy has been in her(roadtesting) shes going to need a clean inside(im not ocd btw :) )

Fourth, check Battery connection as.... every time shes been to Toyota they always didnt tighten the Battery leads properly.

Fith, wash and polish, i miss running my hands over her curves :o :lol:

by this time its likely to be either the day after or very very late (anyone ever tried to polish at night? I must have gone mad lol

as for wheel spinning and savage turns that isnt me :) a bit of squeal in corners and from racing starts yup.... that im in for when shes been run in. accordingly im going to be taking absolute care in making sure i look after her like i hope Shell look after me :thumbsup: so dont worry if youd like to get a coffee ...i wont be making a scene ... well not too much of a scene anyhow and your scene will outdo mine by far :lol:

as for meets :thumbsup: i think they sound good and an intrinsic part of the scene, cant help thinking to not go is to miss out on some great camaraderie and fun times, ill be doing my best to make some :thumbsup: glad they dont sound like some of the motorbike sections ive heard about who are like a bit territorial

its great to be part of the Toyota Mr2 Religion :D

now why you go saying leather trousers :lol:

Good luck today Jinx ;) Hope she is ready for ya and has missed you too :P

Meets are some of the best bits of owning a '2... met some fantastic people through TOC... my best friends are TOCers... cant believe this time last year I didnt know some of them.... now I dont think I'd want to live without them! :P

heh i think your wishing of luck might have done the trick :thumbsup: i got a txt at 9.20am letting me know the engines in and they were at fitting the light kit, with a great possibility of me being good to get her back today :yes::thumbsup::yes:

i could live without my kidneys better than ive lived without the 2 :rolleyes: just gotta get to approx 5pm when a lift shows up and .... hopefully im made up :thumbsup:

and im really happy to hear youve met some wonderful friends thru here jayden :) those motorbike sections i was on about .... knew someone who went to one once and was practically cast out for their accent which was the wrong side of the pennines :huh: ... the guy literally walked in and said hi to a few ppl and then bam it went like the 'slaughtered lamb inn' some ppl eh :rolleyes: and some ppl :thumbsup: ( :thumbsup: TOC TOC TOC :thumbsup: )

ROLL ON 5 PM :wacko::thumbsup: ;)

Well its 5:10pmish....

Hopefully you are on your way to picking her up again :thumbsup:

Yeah I know of some meets which are very Cliqué (spelling?:P) but not TOC ones :D every month the Northerners try to do something... meeting up at Ferry Bridge Services (Junc33 of M62) and on second Monday night of each month TOC North West goes off to the Jap North West meet at Mascrat Manor.... its all going on ;)

It was a dissapointment, but im still bobbing along, had a nap ... :) the only delay is with the light kit now. Its nice to know theyve got the engine in and theyre really happy with the tests theyve done. (umm shouldnt they be ecstatic? :thumbsup: )Should be tomorrow. gonna check with them at 11am and then again later on if it isnt ready at 11. i am absolutely chomping at the bit to get her back. What a rollercoaster!

and im glad the northern TOC meets are not like those mbike ones :D those ppl sounded scary :lol: heh i can probably find m62 junc33 :yes: and better still get home again without 3 hours being lost :thumbsup:

:angry: ooo you not got your car back????After driving in the horrible rain today and going down some muddy farm trax in Leigh my bootiful car was filthy....So when i got home i decided to wash it...the only thing is,,,,ppl stop an talk about my car ,,someone even asked could they sit in it!!! So after all conversations dried up i washed the car in the DARK and felt like a right pratt :wacko::wacko:

nop didnt get her back today <_< its been like this, told a day, delay, not that day another day.... it will be over tho shortly now so its feeling a lil easier to deal with :) the worst bit now is driving the volvo.... man i thought the 214 was bad ...even tho it was :lol: the volvo even if it is in perfect health is jus so damn tragic. guess the 2 will feel extra special after this humiliation lmao.

heh washing car at night .... its lurv :thumbsup: theres at least two of us that have done that lol :thumbsup: as for ppl stopping to talk :) guess thats not so bad unless theyre a pimply schoolboy asking if its belled :help: now sitting in it.... did you let them? heh

Got the car back today im not happy!!

Its cost me £850 for new parts and labour!!

And ive driven it back from the workshop tonight and it losts loads power the acceleration is pants compared to it was like before it went in, it still shifts when ya put the old lead foot down, but it seems much slower!!!

:unsure: :( :angry:

I think im going to sell and get a tubby!!!

vince

awww shucks vince :( what they do? is it anything that can be altered ? if it wasnt like default settings before maybe they left summat at a default setting and thats why? ....make a post telling whats been done and see if anyone can suggest whats up?

on the other side, if you get a tubby you really wont be unhappy with power :yes:

hope you get sorted :thumbsup: and soon :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links