Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Owner's Manual For '87

NazKat

:eek:

Greetings, all. Newbie here.

I have just bought a 1987 Supra from the original owner. The dash buttons are worn down so they are hard to figure out. The wiper wand works when it wants to and the rear washer won't shut off!

We desperately need an owner's manual, but I have searched the net and can't come up with one for this year. Is the 1986 Supra similar enough that I could use that one? I do have a Chilton manual, but it doesn't explain the dash buttons, etc.

Hope someone can steer me to the right place.

Thanks.

NazKat

I have the original owners manual, but no scanner, so no use to you really :D do what he says ^^^^^^^^^^^ and come and join us on the dark side :hokus-pokus:

:thumbsup: Thank you for your help. I will try the mkiisupra group later. eBay and Amazon have been useless in my quest for the original owner's manual.

Hey, this is a fun car, I am discovering! Basically a pick-up truck lover at heart, I never really liked cars much. But I had to get something to run back and forth to work (all the money is in the new Ford dually diesel), and I have been pleasantly surprised at the power and pickup the engine has, and the cornering ability. We took the sport roof off one day and had a blast tooling around with the stereo at full volume.

I love the seats and how the wings and lumbar support adjusts in the driver's seat.

NazKat

alternatly HAINES mauals have there own website were you can order back copies of thier manuals :group-cuddles:

Im confused now???????? you brought it from the original owner and its an aero top?? Im pretty certain no UK spec cars had aero tops (sports roof).

Doncha like us Yanks? LOL

Still have a cool car... glad to talk to others about it.

I don't know what you call the top - it comes off with a simple turn of a ratchet and lift off. Nice to pretend I am going to the beach....

The previous owner said she bought it new. Says she babied it. I thought so too, until I spotted a few similar cars on the road in much better condition. Passed up a guy yesterday with a hot '91 Turbo. Black like mine, same top and rear spoiler, but nice body and paint.

Didn't realize I stumbled into another country here....

NazKat in smoggy southern Calif :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Have original owners manual from my old '87 Supra 3.0i :hokus-pokus:

If you want it then let me know as I have manual for my current Supra as well.

Greetings Daz69. Yes, I am interested in the manual for the '87. :thumbsup:

Please email me at NazKat@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Kat

i'm buying the manuals on CD, and if you give me like 2 bucks for shipping, i'll make you a copy.

...if that's legal..... whatever.

Well, that sounds like a deal. But I think the hard copy would be easier to take outside to the car.... (no ink in my printer at the moment).

Daz69, can I still get that copy from you? :bookworm:

Otherwise, mc17 I may take you up on the CD offer.

Thanks, guys. :bye:

NazKat

Well, I guess I better get out the Chilton, b/c now I need some part so it won't overheat. It's sitting in the drive with a layer of dust on it........ :crybaby:

NazKat

• 2 weeks later...

My wife is the original owner of a white 1987 Supra (non turbo) with wine interior, targa top, silver side stripes and hatch-back louvers. When I purchased it for her it was in the middle of the showroom floor and was their premier vehicle. She only got 49,000 miles on the original goodyear tires (most people only got 20,000 or less miles) and was upset that she didn't get more. We have the original owner's manual still in the plastic. Although I am not willing to let it go I will scan pages to help anyone that needs the info.

NazKat, I'm replacing the rear shocks and shock bumpers. Toyota wants $55ea for shocks and $65ea for the bumper assembly above the shock. Buying them over the internet (from Calif.) $13.42ea for bumpers and $33.34ea for shocks (cheaper than AutoZone. $7.42 shipping. Can you believe those people on the other side of the 'big pond' calling a Targa Top an aero roof!

Hey, that is good news. I need to find out from hubby what part the car needs - maybe I can order it instead of going to the parts store.

I still need a manual, but have not made any connections yet. I cannot email anyone privately from this list for some reason it blocks me, so if anyone can help me get a manual or scanned version, please email me at NazKat@hotmail.com.

What do you call the top that comes off the '87 - it is a rectangular shape and comes out in one solid piece. It seems to have some supports in the trunk area to store it, but not sure if that's what they are there for. I heard it was called a Sport Roof?

NazKat

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks... I'm also new here... looks like this is kind of an old post but I stumbled upon it when I was looking for a manual for the '87 Supra I just bought. Funny how that works. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the top you're talking about is called a "targa top."

Oh, and the leads on the manual here are quite useful... Thanks!!

I am still looking for a manual..... There was one on eBay a while back but I didn't have the money and it got away....

Thanks.

Kathryn

SWEET!!! I'm so happy to have access to the owners' manual! I can finally find out what all the little buttons on the inside of my car do! :lol::lol::lol:

I have 2 mk3 oners manuals.. one is amusingly in japanese.. complete with comedy cartoons...

think I'll scan em and put em on my site ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links