Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Please!

zen20

i got my amp and sub today, any advice for installing them into my car? does it need to be install by a professional or it can be a DIY job? it came with all the wiring kit so i dont think i need to buy anymore things for it.

can be done by uself shouldnt take too long, 30 min job probs :thumbsup: when u look at it, its all fairly straight forward what goes where, for a ground point i used the rear light, the nut connecting it to the car

Well it is quite easy but the only prob i found was the Power cable i couldnt find a path from the Battery to the boot so i got it installed by a pal :eek:

but the rca cables and the blue remote were east enough just as long as you no what ur doing! :thumbsup:

very easy

red power cable runs from Battery through rubber grommet in engine bay, and comes out behind the glove box in the dash (comes out quite high so you'll have to feel round for it)The power cable can be run under the plastic sill on the doors.

RCA cables run behind the dash from the HU under the plastic sills along with the red power cable, and also your blue remote wire.

Black ground wire can be connected to the nut holding the light, as said above or to the seatbelt bolt or you can rub a bit of paint off where it's not seen on the metal and connect it to there with a self tapping screw.

The rest should be on the amp or in the booklet where it connects up to

RCA cables run behind the dash from the HU under the plastic sills along with the red power cable, and also your blue remote wire.

Don't run RCA cables with power cables as you may get interference. The remote cable can go with the power cable, but RCA cables and speaker cables should go along the other side so that you get no interference and therefore better sound!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links