Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St185 Celica Gt4

AdamG

All my data CD's show all the Celica Engines as being interference, but I think they are only interference under specific conditions, if a number of random things happen they can become interference but the majority of the time you will get away with it - enough people on here have got away with it already! :thumbsup:

Toyota's official line is that they are interference. I don't know why they say that, going by the number of people on here who've had cam belts go and not taken the rest of the engine, it would be nothing short of miraculous for them to be interference engines. There are no specific conditions, either they are or they aren't - it's pretty clear cut.

If the 3s-ge is safe, then the gte must be.

CV boot kit for a GT-4 from Partco/Unipart. Part No BLTDBC100 £4.00 +VAT Trade. It`s nowhere as good as a genuine MrT part but it will last a couple of years. And saving £60 that makes it well worth it in my book. Especially if like me you have a high turn over rate in vehicles... :thumbsup:

As Mike says DONT use the hub nut to hold the transmission. You`ll probably end up damaging something expensive. :yes:

Sotal.... I reckon the autodata thing is down to them not wanting to get sued. :lol:

CV boot kit for a GT-4 from Partco/Unipart. Part No BLTDBC100 £4.00 +VAT Trade. It`s nowhere as good as a genuine MrT part but it will last a couple of years. And saving £60 that makes it well worth it in my book. Especially if like me you have a high turn over rate in vehicles...  :thumbsup:

As Mike says DONT use the hub nut to hold the transmission. You`ll probably end up damaging something expensive.  :yes:

Sotal.... I reckon the autodata thing is down to them not wanting to get sued.  :lol:

Coolies, I'll give Partco a shout tomorrow, I might pick up a timing belt too.

Cheers daktari! :)

Hmmm, With things as they are with my work at the moment, I dunno if I'll have the time to sort the GT4.

Realisticly, what is it worth to anyone to fix/strip it for parts??

107,000 Miles/KM (don't know what it's displaying)

Full Leather, Electric Windows & Mirrors, Recent turbo from Fensport.

I'm in Basingstoke in Hampshire.

i'd get it fixed mate, even if your not going to keep it, you'll make profit instead of loss even if you geve it to a garage to fix.

the engine is definataely a non-interferance engine

also, to get the bolt off, put it in a high gear and get someone to stand on the brakes whie you try and undo it

• 10 years later...

Hi guys loving the info on here... Water pump suspected to have failed should I change hg and belts and pulleys at the same time? If I'm going to the effort of getting to the water pump

Thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links