Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Ticket Help

jay dh

i sent a letter to the borough in which i got the ticket last tuesday, as yet i have had no reply from them...

ticketbusters.co.uk says:

If the Local Authority does not reply within 56 days of receiving your initial appeal, they must cancel the Penalty Charge Notice and refund any charges you have paid i.e. clamping or tow-away.

this said, wont the ticket amount just keep increasing until they do reply? and if they reply in 30 days time and say i have to pay it, im out of the £60 time bracket and could end up paying even more!

what do i do?

pay the £30 fee and accept it or wait for their reply? i wana do the 1st but i know i have a chance of the ticket being cancelled

Jay

were you in the wrong?? Were you on double yellows or had your paid for ticket expired???

If yes - then pay the £30 and put it up with it!

If no and you think you were not illegally parked then I guess carry on the fight, but I would have thought they would know the deadlines and will act accordingly and probably as you say after the 30 day deadline

i was on a double yellow technically, but it was in front of the house i was in and was there for no longer than 20mins. it wasnt a dangerous space and was blocking no1 else except the house i was in

i should just pay it tho...

Personally I guess from that you should just pay it, AFAIK you can only stop on double yellows for a few mins whilst making a delivery (think it has to be commercial as well - rather than I just dropped in to deliver xxx to my mate etc) I think you have to leave your four ways on as well.

I guess it's better to pay 30 now rather than 60 later.

On another thought do they have a phone number or drop in centre?? My wife got 6 parking tickets for a car she had sold about 6 months before, we sent all evidence and they kept saying it wasn't good enough, so I popped in showed them the evidence and they said no problem and wiped us off their records instantly

hmm, the problem with that is i got the ticket on 15th oct, im not in that area until this saturday which is the 2 week deadline

People have always told me to get it recorded delivery so that you can prove that you sent them the letter and they recieved it!

You can park on Double Yellows for loading and unloading only (being a gigging drummer, I know a bit about what I can blag and what is blatently illegal when it comes to parking in odd places). You were parked on double yellows, popping in to see a mate for 20 minutes. Regardless of how safe you thought it was, you were knowingly breaking the rules and someone caught you. If I were you, I would pay up and forget about it...

Sorry fella! :(

I would pay up, accept it and be done with it :) you did try to challenge it, so it's not like you didn't fight it at all..

Something like 90% of parking fine appeals are succesful. But that's because traffic wardens try it on all the time, and most people's appeals are genuine.

But you don't have a case to appeal - you were parked on double yellow lines. It's pretty obvious that you have no real reason to appeal, so you should just pay up and accept that you learnt the hard way. It really doesn't matter how safe *you* judged the road to be, or that you weren't causing an obstruction. Double yellow lines mean "no parking", not "no parking for everyone else except you".

i know what a double yellow means, my point is there is no point the lines being there at all, no-one understands why (not actually asked the police)

but fair enuf, ill pay it

hiya

carefully examine the double yellow lines, if they are badly painted or worn, or dont end in a T....then they are not technically double yellow lines.

because the highway code says u must not park on;

unbroken double lines that end in a T section

some people have managed to get off paying tickets this way..

look you parked on double yellow lines, unless your a fool you know your not supposed to park on them........... pay the god damn fine i got busted on the m1 last saturday, got a £30 ticket. paid it. no problem.

lol it was for my tinted windows. apparently they only let 11% of the light through :rolleyes:

lol and i agree. i was in his car last sat night goin to santa pod an i couldnt see out the car lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links