Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seriously Thinking.

Jamesb4uk

ok i'm now in a crisis!!!

a mate of mine at work just offered me his 1989 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo... :drool::drool: i saw it the othr day and its a minter :thumbsup:

60,000 miles on a new engine. new uprated turbotechnics turbo's, 5 grands worth of ICE & loads of other toys inc Cat 1 alarm turbo timer etc - all for 5 grand!!!!!!!

worst thing is he even offered me finance on it :rolleyes:

insurance quotes so far have been in the region of 500 quid fully comp which is cheaper that the Cynos :wacko:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

lol - thats what i like about you andy :thumbsup: straight to the point

he's bringing it in monday so i can have a play :yes:

J

great cars, always loved them especially the t-bar....

just remember to weigh up the pro's and con's, I can't see running costs being cheap and servicing is likely to be expensive. 60k is likely to need new cam etc...

If figures and pro's weigh up I'ld jump at it :D :D :D

Yes consider if you can actually afford to run the thing, but its better to try these things than miss out and have regrets.

Whilst you can make the Paseo go fast, its much easier to start with a faster car. 110bhp vs 280ish. No contest.

I'd check out the 300ZX club to see what the general advise is.

Andrew

Cheers guys - i'm having a look on the owners clubs now :thumbsup:

i realise the running costs will go up - 1.5 NA vs 3L TT.... but i'm also thinking of the other aspect of the Cynos still needs a lot more doing to it..

every time i drive her now every creak whine & drop in power i'm thinking - i'm not going to make it home/to work.

i've got a leak from the gear box now & Toyota want over 1300 +vat for a new one :eek:

part from that the cars lasted me well but now she's over the 200,000km mark i think its time to look for something else..

J

Just looking for something for my 5 and popped over to the website of the place I bought it....

If you want a 300, have a look at this one :D

NISSAN 300 ZX 3.0 V6 TWIN TURBO Targa 3dr Auto , Automatic, 1991 , Metallic Silver. Private plate. Full bodykit including rear spoiler, 17" aftermarket alloys. HKS induction kit. Aftermarket Tommy Kaira ecu. aftermarket exhausts. Turbo timer. Power steering. Electric windows. Electric mirrors. Digital airconditioning./climate control. Central locking. Cd player. Alarm/immobiliser. Over 300bhp. tax til 30/11/05. 12 months mot on purchase. Free 6 months warranty. Open 7 days a week. Mon to Sat 10-6pm. Sundays 11-3pm. £5,495

Website is www.awesomeimports.com, great bunch of guys and more than happy with the service I've got from them....

Cheers Ryan :thumbsup:

amazingly the one you posted & my bosses one have very similar plates lol

Gaz 9386 for Awesome Imports one

& Taz 6603 for my boss's one :lol:

well i'm having a think this weekend & test driving on monday so we'll see what happens

J

well can't sleep so been working out if i can afford to get the car... :unsure:

well its doable - i'd be very skint for a while but its managable :yes:

300zx.jpg

The beast in question :drool:

J

are those TSW Venoms on it? those are my FAVOURITE wheels. i think i was talking with you about TSW's some years back, you wanted the Zenons. looks good, mate.

oh, and Riko's had that cough for a while, i think it's chronic.

Looks good J, I'd very carefully consider it. The good thing is that you know a bit of the history and the previous owner.

looks a tidy motor always bin a fan but i have a worry of rear weal drives and hedges lol, 60000 aint bad and are the 300zx like the pulsar 200sx and other nissans on a cam chain?

Jim

Nice motor J :thumbsup:

Just buy it mate cos I'm doing the should I/shouldn't I on a couple of motors at the minute <_< If you buy that it might prompt me to get my a :censor: e into gear :D

you know i'm scared at the amount of stuff you can get for the ZX....

i can see me spending a LOT on this car :lol: - they talk of changing the internals after reaching 400bhp on 1 bar : :eek:

J

looks a tidy motor always bin a fan but i have a worry of rear weal drives and hedges lol, 60000 aint bad and are the 300zx like the pulsar 200sx and other nissans on a cam chain?

Jim

lol i've had the same experiance except it was with a fence

I'm still learning with the 300zx but i'll have a nose on some of the forums :yes:

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links