Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport Trd?

Paddy

Hi all, this is my first post on this great looking site, so go easy on me ;)

Just taken a Yaris T Sport [2001 Y reg] in part exchange and it has TRD badging on it, it looks like there's a body kit, the exhaust looks a bit meatier and it has OZ multispoke allys etc. not sure on any other differences, hence the post.... I know TRD is Toyota Racing Developments but from a quick google search, it seems to be a 3rd party "official" Toyota tuning company?

I gotta admit it looks pretty good and like it was factory done, so I was wondering if anyone had any info on whether this was an official Toyota extra package or a boyracer finally getting something right without using neons and £50 worth of Halfords vouchers???

If it is an official thing do you know of any other differences ie engine wise? I've tried my local dealer and they're getting back to me [though the guy on the phone sounded like a 12 year old work placement and not particularly interested :crybaby: ].

Anyway, great site and look forward to reading your well informed replies :D

Paddy

welcome to the club

yaris t sport which has a 1.5 16v engine and a subtle bodykit, although this has TTE mods inc spoiler, not TRD that im aware...

someone will be along soon to help

Jay

Ello and welcome!!! Sounds like a nice Yari you got yourself there! Bit of a bargain with the OZ alloys to mate!!

I dont spose a lot would of been changed underneath the bonett. Only thing I could really think off is maybe a TRD panel air filter??

Welcome to TOC Paddy.

A picture or two would help the more informed members of what it could be. ;)

As you said, TRD is part of Toyota, and from what I can gather, TRD and TTE parts do not affect warranty if fitted - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

the T-sport is a 1.5l engine anyway, so a look under the bonnet would tell you if something special has been done. It may just be badged and have a bodykit, with the work done by Toyota/ A pro bodyshop, or a talented owner.

Good luck in your quest!

paddy get us some pictures and ill point you in the right direction as ive probably come across the car before,

regards

Lee

Thanks for the quick response guys and words of welcome :)

Afraid I can't get photos up for a couple days due to an accident at a wedding this weekend with too much alcohol and a big lake :crybaby:

In answer to a question above, there's a TRD Badge on the boot panel [bottom right] and one on the front grill [again bottom right], TBH it all looks so well done that we immediately thought it was a factory job.....

I've no idea what a normal 1.5 engine bay should looks like so if anyone could post some pics or direct me to another thread with pics, that would be great.

Cheers :D

it is possible the badges are stuck on and its a normal t sport or a t sport with 1 trd mod

look forward to the pics...

........ or a boyracer finally getting something right without using neons and £50 worth of Halfords vouchers???

Paddy

PMSL quality stuff :lol::lol::lol:

........ or a boyracer finally getting something right without using neons and £50 worth of Halfords vouchers???

Paddy

PMSL quality stuff :lol::lol::lol:

quality comments that should be printed in every copy of max flower, Trevs and redLIEING

Well, I had a word with the local Toypoker dealer and they agre with you guys, it was most likely done by an over enthusiastic previous owner :D

I shall post some pics up later today, thanks for the replies much appreciated :D

It's eat humble pie time for me!!! And as luck would have it, some idiots nicked the badges off it anyway!!!

I think I must have been drunk as a skunk when I appraised it :crybaby:

It's a really tidy car but looking at it now, doesn't look like there's a kit on it at all, the wheels look tiddly [though they're not kerbed or anything] and it's got tinted windows and momo pedals, so blatently was some boy racer mobile :crybaby:

But anyway, I like the way it drives so I might tax it and use it for a bit, what you guys think:

Topweb.jpg

RearWEB.jpg

I take it these tweeters are aftermarket???? Ruined the flipping nice looking carbon door cards :ffs:

Doorweb.jpg

Looks standard to me - not sure if the wheels are tho, but they look like standard size 15's to me.

Oh dear to the tweeters. Like you said, it's ruined the arm rest in the door there. :(

Looks good with the tints as well though, and the wheels do suit it. ;)

Don't think it was a "boy racer" mobile. Previous owner has only added a few things to it.

ah well, was a cheap car and seems nice :D

What about that exhaust tho? anyone got a pic to compare colours and stuff?

Cheers

Was gonna say the exhaust looks standard from this angle. Is it loud then?

Colour - common as muck mate! :D

It's Thuinder Grey ;)

lol I know the colours common, only ever seen them in that and red on the road :D didn;t know that it was called thunder grey though cheers :D

Looks like a TTE rear spolier, does it have a little TTE logo in the centre?

Very nice little car.. just a shame it's not black.. much better looking in black :rolleyes:

standard body work,

aftermarket wheels (15 inch)

aftermarket exhaust looks like a remus/TTE(toyota) one to me could be custome tho

and tints look alright

looks like it has been debadged at the rear with the Yaris and T sport logo gone, possibly the t sport logo off the front bonnet black panel (cant see it all)

the front tints may not be road legal, they look tinted but cant tell by how much

the bodykit is the standard T sport kit, no alterations

the standard t sport exhaust is oval and doesnt jut out from the bumper

May be a TTE exhaust but then again it looks slightly bigger than that. TTE ones are normally stamped aren't they?

Possibly some chrome trim or if you're *really* lucky a Blitz backbox? If it doesn't have any branding then I'm tempted to go with the trim option.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links