Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bmw 5 Series

jf2404

I know it's a big difference but i'm gonna go from a 1.3 Yaris to a bmw 5 series.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a 5 series model ?.

what reg do u want?

or price range

A new one, 55, 05, 54, 04 , £28,500 would be my max.

The 520d se has ticked all my boxes, just wondering what peoples opinions are on it if they have any.

think id go for the 525d but the 520d is an equally good car, also id get an M sport too for the extras

edit: i wouldnt buy new, id get one 6months to a year old if you could...

think id go for the 525d but the 520d is an equally good car, also id get an M sport too for the extras

edit: i wouldnt buy new, id get one 6months to a year old if you could...

Thanks, i'll have a look at the 525 and m sport.

I'm only 25 so whichever i get my mates will hate me lol.

y the sudden jump? its an odd way to go...

I've always said to myself i want a bmw, merc, range rover, lexus, or jag by the time i'm 30.

I've looked into most of them (apart from the Jag) and the BMW 5 series has ticked all the boxes i need, for mpg, 0-60, confort etc... the others were either too expensive or were poor mpg (range rover).

Now i can afford it i'm gonna treat myself.

You know - if you went for a 12 month old one you would save at least 10% - a significant amount of money when your talking those figures..

If your sure you want a diesel, as Jay mentioned, the 2.5T is probably better - the 2.0 cant really move the mass effeciently!

I drove a mates 52plate 530d Sport - all the extra's (leather/sat nav/cruise, tv) i gotta admit it is easily one of the best motors i have driven.. very very smooth, quite economical and you feel like a millionaire driving one :D Oh and it was pretty darn quick :P

Rash.

I drove a mates 52plate 530d Sport - all the extra's (leather/sat nav/cruise, tv)  i gotta admit it is easily one of the best motors i have driven.. very very smooth, quite economical and you feel like a millionaire driving one  :D  Oh and it was pretty darn quick :P

Rash.

Sounds good to me, i'll have a look at a nearly new 530d.

I'm looking for 41 mpg + combined.

I drove a mates 52plate 530d Sport - all the extra's (leather/sat nav/cruise, tv)  i gotta admit it is easily one of the best motors i have driven.. very very smooth, quite economical and you feel like a millionaire driving one  :D  Oh and it was pretty darn quick :P

Rash.

Sounds good to me, i'll have a look at a nearly new 530d.

I'm looking for 41 mpg + combined.

u will do from the 530d, does about 7 secs to 60 too

I had a 530d for a while.

they are nice cars.

I was underimpressed by the drive though.

It was a big, heavy car - but the handling was extremely light and floaty - not very direct.

It was quick (although not as quick as the GS), and very quiet for a diesel.

Test drive one - sure you will like it.

My Dad has a current-model 530d which he believes is the best all-round car he has ever owned. It is fast, handles well for a big saloon and is incredibly economical and comfortable on the long journeys for which it is used.

He's currently looking to change it and, despite the fact he's cheesed with BMW for a number of reasons (silly things are options, his local dealer doesn't take him seriously - "So, this is your win the lottery spec is it?" and not calling back, etc.) he just can't find something else to replace it with. Even our friendly Toyota dealer, when asked about the new diesel Lexus IS, said that he would find it a bit less sharp after the BM...

Good luck and I guess I'm a bit jealous :P

Alan

Even our friendly Toyota dealer, when asked about the new diesel Lexus IS, said that he would find it a bit less sharp after the BM...

your Toyota dealer does not know what he is talking about.

He probably has not driven the new IS.

I havent - but I have had two of the current model, and they drove better than the BMW, which I found to be a quite uninspiring drive.

Tell your father to ignore the Toyota dealer, and go see your local Lexus dealer in November and test drive one.

Exactly what I did!

A

Dont know which will be your local - but if you go to Lexus Edinburgh, ring in advance and tell Ian Reynolds you are coming to see him, and that Matthew McNally from the Lexus Owners Club recommended your father speak to him.

Ian is a member of LOC - and has treated several of our members well. Would defintely recommend him. :thumbsup:

Cheers Matt - yeah, Edinburgh is his nearest and I'd noted the good words said about Lexus Edinburgh elsewhere on here...

I'll do that...

:thumbsup:

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links