Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Advice Please?

Chappie

:help::help::help:

Hello all,

Please could someone, somewhere in the world help me. If this thread is in the wrong place, please tell me where to place it and I will paste at the right place and delete it here.

My need is as follows. I am busy converting a VW Microbus Syncro to be powered by a Toyota 3C turbo diesel engine. All I want to know at this stage is if anyone can help me to obtain the correct interface unit for the conversion of the digital signal from the diesel pump for showing the engine revs. This unit converts the digital signal into an analog signal so that one can use a standard rev counter at the dash. I believe the unit is fitted under the dash somewhere. Even if I have to obtain an original rev counter from a 3C turbo diesel powered vehicle I would be happy to do so. I don't even know what vehicle the 3C turbo diesel engine is used in and where in the world it is marketed. The local Toyota factory people will not and I mean will not help as they say the engines are not supposed to be available in South Africa. We have several importers of these type of second hand engines and they,the 3C and the 2C turbo engines are being used with many conversions. The reason is that they are high revving and very compact,also very low in cost to buy. If I am able to get help it will be of great value to me. I also would like to get hold of the specs. for both the 2C and the 3C turbo diesel engines as I have one of each of them to be overhauled and I will need info on the bores, strokes and any other specs showing any differences in the said engines. Nobody in South Africa seems to know and there are no people I can ask that have done major repairs as replacement is the cheaper way to go apparently rather than overhaul. Many thanks to all of you. Regards,Chappie

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links