Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Took Yaris To Dealer :(

Toyota3000

Took Yaris to my local Toyota Dealer (that's where I bought it from), told them the problem.

They kept me waiting for about 45 mins - eventually they told me that I'd have to come back sometime next week, in order for someone to take a look and see whether the problem is covered by the warranty !

If I do take up their 'offer', I will have to leave the Yaris for a whole day.

I asked them if I would be provided a courtesy car, and they told me that there would be a charge of £10.00 (for insurance purposes).

Is this right, or they doing everything they can to fob me off ?

:(

Any advice highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Well I've never had to pay for a courtesy car....

Courtesy car is supposed to be a courteous thing.... them being courteous to you - they can deny you a car if they dont have one, put personally I wouldnt ever pay to use one - its just not the done thing IMO. :unsure:

£10 is about right for the insurance, etc.

Mine's going in on the 5th, as they're (hopefully) replacing my 3rd brake light surround, and testing the rear window heat wires, as one didn't seem to be working properly.

I'm keeping an eye on it though, to see if it was a one-off or not.

It depends on your age. Younger drivers sometimes have to pay a premium for a loan car and the cost is to cover admin charges levied to them by the insurance company apparantly!

when i had to take my car in for some tests on brakes they tried to charge me the £15 but i managed to talk my way out of it

Pay for a courtesy car? My bum...

My favoured Mr T has a courtesy bus that will take you anywhere you want in and around Perth and then collect you again so tbh I've never needed one. My dad, however always fills in his customer satisfaction surveys to complain about the lack of courtesy cars and how he has to deliver the car to garage. I thing he's been a bit spoilt in the past tbh :rolleyes:

He's a regular enough customer that when he needs one then the sales guys lend him one of the demonstrators, but it still doesn't stop him whinging...

A

PS Whilst I'm at it, the family Toyota count has just risen by 1 to 9 (I think) as he's just bought a Toyota forklift... ;)

Can someone tell me why it took them approx. 45 mins to find out whether the problem is covered under the extended warranty ?

What were they doing in that time ?

They said a certain individual is going to come next week (not relating specifically for myself, just to, apparantly 'pop in') and he'll have a look...

Honestly, the customer 'service' seems to be appalling :angry:

Can I suggest you try a different dealer? The level of customer service really does seem to vary from one to the next...

Good luck :thumbsup:

A

when i had to take my car in for some tests on brakes they tried to charge me the £15 but i managed to talk my way out of it

They tryed charging me £25 for the use of a car while mine was being serviced and the alarm fixing{A**HOLES NEVER FIXED IT AT ALL}first and last time in at main dealer.

Well when I go past my Mr T sometime next week I'll pop in and let you know how I'll get on!

My local Mr T seems okay but we'll have to wait and see!

Well when I go past my Mr T sometime next week I'll pop in and let you know how I'll get on!

Hmm.... its Listers! :rolleyes:

Listers & After care dont go well together....they rather sell you a new can than fix the problem. :lol::lol:

Listers & After care dont go well together....they rather sell you a new can than fix the problem. :lol::lol:

Sounds like you guys have much confidence in Mr T :P !

If anybody from Cov-Listers reads this:

Im on my way!

Sounds like you guys have much confidence in Mr T :P !

If anybody from Cov-Listers reads this:

Im on my way!

Au contrare...

I have excellent faith in my local dealership.... Farmer & Carlisle Leicester! Who are much better than Listers will ever be! :thumbsup:

I bought my first Yaris from Listers and, well, the experience was far more pleasurable at F&C (and they dont give my details out to strangers, which helps matters!) :rolleyes:

I work for the Insurance Company that covers Toyota Demo/Courtesy cars and not once have any of the dealers said "oh they paid the £10 surcharge too"..because there isn't one!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links