Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had A Gud But Bad Week If U Get Me?

Kudos+

Well it all started of last monday, when i took my driveing test. I passed and was very chuffed. 1st time!!!

THEN i finally get my corolla insured on the friday, which was A LOT, roughly £2000. I then take my car (friday) to toyata to have its m.o.t and guess what it failed, due to the nearside caliper sticking. At first they thought i might need a new caliper, but i went home and they stripped it down and it stopped sticking. Then i got the bill shud have been £40 for the M.O.T but they gave me a discount and charged me £30 i think it was and the total came to £105 for labour (inc m.o.t). I thought u only needed a m.o.t certificate to insure your car (silly me) but u need the insurance certificate too, which i do not yet have due to me insurein the car friday, and am still waiting to come thru the post :censor:. So one week later i am £2100 poorer and still car-less, which cocked up my whole weekend, due to planning on driveing to places. And if the insu cert comes in the post tomorrow i hav another £60 to find for road tax. i think my caliper was sticking due to its been sitting on the drive for ages. They also told me that my brake disks and pads (front) will need replaceing soon (£240) as my disks are slightly scored, and the squeeling noise is apparently i think it was ??? 2 auxilery belts or sumat like that which are £20 each. N oh yeh the best bit is ive had to take my alloys of because the insurance wanted anova £500!!!! a yr to have them on so my car now looks v lets say 'stock'. So there u have my very expensive stressfull borin week-end.

Just thought id come on here have a winge n feel sorry for myself lol

thanks for reading :censor:

Congrats on passing your test :thumbsup:

Might see you out and about now then! :D

Mike

hello there mate, i c u have a GXi, can u tel me where the switch is for the front fogs????

thanx

just replied to your thread :thumbsup:

why did you take it to toyota!?  :wacko:

u got money to burn or something  :P

LOL i wish i had money to burn! N i took it to toyota because its the only garage around my end what i really trust. Also looks better when u sell the car n hav a full 'toyota' MOT + service history. Ive heard bout garages rippin ppl of sayin they need stuff, n they dont.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links