Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bt

Fidgits

We all like to winge and moan when we get bad service!

But i have to say - i phoned BT about 20 minutes ago - to ask a question about something i ordered - the annoying (press 1 for...) system informed me (when id gone through the options) that they were busy (shock horror) and that i could hold for an operator...

OR...

They would hold my place in the queue - and when i reach the front, they would return my call (to any number) to deal with my request... (within an hour)

Lo and behold - 15 mins later - they call me back...

Gotta say - fantastic idea - i think more companies could benifit from this kind of system!

BT had to buck their ideas up due to all the competition. Does seem like a very good idea.

I think the way companies deal with support lines should be regulated in a tighter way on things like:

-The time it takes to get through.

-How much the call costs.

-If you can actually understand the person on the other end.

-How effectively the query was dealt with.

Corporations seem to be realising that excellent customer service can give them a real edge over their competitors, even if they are initially cheaper.

Yes I'm annoyed with my ISP support at the moment *cough* UKONLINE *cough* just try phoning their support, it's an 0845 number so it costs and it takes over an hour to get through. They have two levels of support, you press number 1 if you are a new customer and you get through to a less intelligent support bloke who can't do anything to your account but can tell you to plug the wire in etc. Then if it gets difficult you have to go through the decent technicians which takes ages. I think there must only be two of them!

Good to see they've got a grip. I was on the phone with BT Internet for 2 hours once without speaking to any1, I didn't even have a speaker phone so it was 2 hours of sweaty ears, still didn't speak to any1 after 2 hours so a colleague hung up for me (I couldn't bare to hang up after that long)

It's a good system andI have used it on a number of other phone lines (travel lodge etc) but I'm always wary as I think I would get answered quicker if I stayed on the phone :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links