Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Christmas

Caz SR

Ok it's pushing on to November now and I'm starting to get the question I dread...

"What would you like for Christmas?"

I get stuck with this every year. I earn my own money and with no real commitments, can buy anything that may qualify for a present myself. I've been told I'm a nightmare to buy for.

The Girlfriend of someone I know typed out a short list in Word and emailed it to him for ideas. He's planning on getting everything on that list and I think he's relieved that short of knocking him over the head with it, she'd made it quite clear that any of those things would be winners.

The other problem is I hate asking anyone for things as I worry that it could be too expensive and I don't want to seem cheeky.

Awww does anyone else have this problem... any suggestions? :wacko:

Aaargh, it's begun already!!! People in the office have been mentioning Christmas for over a month, it's begun to rub off though, I asked my mum what she wanted the other day & just thought "what the hell am I doing?"

I'm also a pain in the backside to buy for. I just keep my eye out for little cheap things that I like the look of & tell people straight "you can get me that if you're looking for something to buy me" & then every1s happy. I also do a nice list of DVDs that I want & people just get me some of them, they all build up.

I hate asking for things. I'm a giver, not a reciever!

I ask for cheap things - Rich says I am a total nightmare as I never "want" anything and would be happy with a £15 DVD.....

Thing is, I have Rich wanting to buy stuff, his Dad wanting to buy stuff and his Mum wanting to buystuff, not to mention my own parents as well and I just dont want that much! :unsure:

I know it probably sounds weird not wanting a lot for Christmas, but I find it really difficult asking for things, so I complete agree with you Charis....

Solution... well I get loads of DVD's for Christmas - I prefer small things so if your uncomfortable asking for big things, try two small things instead?

I hate christmas with a passion.....

I really REALLY hate it.

I don't even like Turkey much!

You have to eat with annoying family members and I have to suffer my sisters kids. The majority of presents are useless tat, bought for the sake of getting a present, as opposed to seeing something that you think the person will genuinely like....

Everyone starts saying crap like "cheer up its the season of good will" and other varying themes of forced enlightenment... then there are the %$(ing christmas carols that seem impossible to escape..... combined with the same old crapolata you get on telly every year, and Sir c*nting Cliff !Removed! Richard on the radio.

Not only that, but at the end on november is Millys birthday, first of december is my dads birthday, a wek later my parents anniversary.... its a !Removed! expensive time of the year for me!!!!

I want a resprey for my daily driver before it rusts away totally... but I will not get one of those, so I am dropping hints for a set of proper toyota car mats in "shadow grey".

I forgot to mention I hate the tacky decorations and ghastly flashing lights that apear everywhere.... My only slight form of amusement is my mother swearing at the cat as she tries to climb the christmas tree for the fith or so time....

Just do what I do Charis.

Ask "Right, I'm spending, such and such, on you for Xmas. What you want?"

It's honest at least....

well after parents shelling outg for the majority of my car mid year - i'm not expecting (well more like i have been told not to expect) much in the way of cristmas gifts :/

I also have no idea what i'd ask foir yet though either...

the only things on my mind at the mo' are along the lines of car parts - T-sport Bumper, lowering springs etc but they're not exactly the best thing to ask for for xmas :lol:

theres also nothing else i've seen yet either - not even any decent PS2 games that have impressed me - so i guess it'll be a dull xmas in my household

then theres the rest of them, i tyhink i already have my sister's present - well theres something in a marky benders bag thats been shoved sat the back of my jumper draw since mid september - then theres something for mum - guess she'll be getting another generic jazz/easy listening cd that get played to death

one word, "Cashmas" ..

Think about booking a holiday to somewhere that doesn't celebrate it ..

I hear Iraq is nice this time of year :thumbsup:

I'll GIVE because I WANT to - NOT because someone makes demands :yes:

This is very true, but when someone wants to give to you and asks for ideas... this is where I get stuck. I'm not a "I want..." person :thumbsup:

Bibbs - I'd love to go away for Christmas one year. Somewhere nice, warm and where Christmas dinner is prepared on a BBQ (no not Les' place hehe).

This is very true, but when someone wants to give to you and asks for ideas... this is where I get stuck. I'm not a "I want..." person :thumbsup:

Bibbs - I'd love to go away for Christmas one year. Somewhere nice, warm and where Christmas dinner is prepared on a BBQ (no not Les' place hehe).

Nah, that wouldn't feel like Christmas to me, I know people who have had Christmas in Australia & various places like that, they'll go to the beach & things during the day & that just wouldn't feel right to me. If I was going to go on holiday somewhere for Christmas it'd have to be somewhere cold in the mountains or something.

I think im quite easy to buy for because im grateful for whatever i get, i dont mind if i dont get anything - i love giving gifts and watching others open theirs- thats what xmas is about to me - making others happy,

im not religious in the slightest and so shouldnt celebrate it really, but anything that makes people smile a bit more and generally be nicer to each other is fine by me

Id love to go away for xmas- even somewhere warm - i dont like being cold! :D

T x

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links