Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1989 Carina 2 2000gli 16v Exec

stratocaster

Hi all ,I'm new to the club and in need of some help. am the proud owner of a 1989 Carina 2 2000Gli 16v Executive (which by the way is a dream to drive).Firstly could anyone tell me where i can get any kind of manual for it. Also, although it hasn't missed a beat since I acquired 8 months ago (my first ever Jap. car in 18 yrs of driving) I have a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. It won't start! There is a good strong spark, all connections seem to be in order, fuel is getting through to the injector rail but doesn't appear to be be getting into the cylinders. i've even had the AA out to have a look and the 'very nice man' said all seems to be working but the injectors are not powering up when the engine is cranked - possibly an injector sensor or the Ecu. If anyone can throw any light on where i should be looking I would be eternally greatful as the wife is getting fed up with having to walk to the shops! :crybaby:

Try this, Look in the Fuse/relay box next to the Battery, remove the 'Engine main' relay & EFI fuse, clean the contacts & replace, infact whilst your at it do the lot. Had a similar prob a yr or so ago with one spent most of a day messing about & that sorted it. Oh & this is posted in the wrong section :P

Thanks for that will try it in the morning. apologies for wrong place but still feeling my way round :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links