Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gold Membership

Strange Smell

Apart from access to the Gold forums and being able to upload pictures, what are the financial benefits of Gold membership?

I'm particularly interested in money off from MyTyres and servicing. Does anyone know what percentage I would save (I'm thinking of buying 4 new tyres and my Corolla TS is due for a service in about 2000 miles).

Is there anything else to make me fork out £25?

Its worth it mate.

it seems to vary on my tyres but i can say if i ordered new ones for the Cynos it would be under £150 delivered mate. it depends on the size though that price was for 165/75/R14 & Pirelli all round.

J

Apart from access to the Gold forums and being able to upload pictures, what are the financial benefits of Gold membership?

I'm particularly interested in money off from MyTyres and servicing.  Does anyone know what percentage I would save (I'm thinking of buying 4 new tyres and my Corolla TS is due for a service in about 2000 miles).

Is there anything else to make me fork out £25?

For how much the Gold Membership costs, its worth it :thumbsup:

It only works out at just over £2 per month and even if you decide theres nothing for you its only £25 over the year so its not the end of the world...

Chances are though, you'll find something you want :thumbsup::yes:

Thanks

I decided to Go for Gold!

It's a bit ominous when the sign-up page tells you you're not allowed to tell non-Gold members what you get for your money. What are they trying to hide?

It should take a day or so before it's all approved and I'll see just how much money I can save.

Thanks

I decided to Go for Gold!

It's a bit ominous when the sign-up page tells you you're not allowed to tell non-Gold members what you get for your money.  What are they trying to hide?

It should take a day or so before it's all approved and I'll see just how much money I can save.

Wise choice :thumbsup:

The main reason your asked not to tell non-goldies whats on offer is a lot of the discount companies don't check wether your gold or not. Ken and the bods do a lot of work to get the discounts the club gets, the club costs a lot to run and would be silly to let every tom, ***** and harry have the discount without giving a minimal amount back to help go towards discounts and running costs !

spit and polish.. nice new gold Badge!.. welcome

As ryan says.. seems people want a free lunch ticket and pretend they are a supporting member when they are clearly not and so we protect the good stuff for our paying members.

Just recently gone gold myself, seems like a good decision :thumbsup:

Any idea when i'll get my members pack Steve? No rush, just wandering :thumbsup:

GO GOLD! Seriously! :thumbsup: I've saved loads already and if you like to keep things genuine and buy from Toyota and get your service/maintenance done at Toyota, then Gold Membership is a must... if your local dealer gives you discount that is...

I'm now a gold member (wasn't that a film?), and I will save more than my membership costs on new tyres alone.

Definitely worth the money. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

It's a bit ominous when the sign-up page tells you you're not allowed to tell non-Gold members what you get for your money.  What are they trying to hide?

Is the main reason I won't be 'going gold'

Until I know what the actual, tangable benefits are, I aint shelling out any cash.

Not trying to diss anyone here, just telling it how I see it...

"seems people want a free lunch ticket and pretend they are a supporting member when they are clearly not and so we protect the good stuff for our paying members"

I can see your point but I disagree with it.

What's to stop anyone from asking for a discount at any of the multitude of places you might purchase anything for your car. If you ask for a discount for the club members and they don't check that you are, who's at fault?

I pretty much always chance my luck when i'm buying stuff. "Anything off for cash mate?" sometimes you get laughed at, sometimes you save a bit.

I'm a member of another club, a fully paid up member, and there's a web page telling everyone what discounts are offered and where you get them. Anyone, even non-members, can access it. If the supplier doesn't check their membership card, tough and the best of luck to the buyer.

Snert

unfortunatly thats the way it is. But i would go by what other members recommend and that if they thought it was not worth it then surely members would vent.

We have approx 125 Discounts listed and growing from all types from auto products to personal products.

We do not take note on how other clubs operate and I am sure paid members appreciate why we keep discounts away from the clubs public forums.

Since I joined Gold in the summer I have not saved a single penny. In that time I've bought a performance exhaust, panel filter and had a quote for getting the car chipped. I've saved money by joining my local car club and getting a discount from there. Delivery costs from local suppliers often win the day for them. However, I don't begrudge going Gold as there are many more discounts in there and I know I'll save money when certain things need to be bought.

At the end of the day, how easy is it to make £25 back in a year on your car?! Pretty easy with all the discounts!!!

Also Steve, got the pack through the post the other day- cheers :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

just got my gold membership, and it is worth every penny. I'll save about double the membership in the next few weeks, so thanks to all for recommending it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links