Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Question!

Karma Supra

Right folks.... Input needed.. (again!, twice in one night, !Removed! hell I usually give tech tips, not ask them!)

Its not car specific, but it is specific to turbo charged Toyotas!!!

I have an Apexi SAFC-II fuel computer in my supra... its a nice bit of kit, it does the job....

It alters the fueling by attenuating the AFM signal, to "fool" the ECU into giving the engine more, or less petrol, depending on how its configured...

It has to be installed by cutting and intercepting the AFM to ECU wire to do this...

Fair enough, simple enough......

Now this is what is confusing me......

AS mush as I seiously hate the idea of Fuel Cut Defensers, My car is just hitting fuel cut (now its a bit colder and the car is decatted), as I am not upping the boost other then that from the exhaust (I have a AVC-R too, but no point in using it if I am already on fuel cut!!) so I just want to get rid of the fuel cut for now to stop it stuttering and cuttong out on me when I boot it in the cold!!!!

(rest assured when my finances allow I'll fit the injectors etc to do it "properly")

Now the FCD (HKS, K3 version) also connects to the same AFM wire.... I have no idea how it works, but I am guessing it can only modify the AFM signal to fool the ecu into thinking less air is being flowed, so the stock injectors can keep the air/fuel ratio right......

Does this mean I can't use an HKS FCD with my Apex'i SACF-II??? Is there no other way of sorting my fuel cut problems then buying more 550cc injectors?? (I had them and sold them as I was skint lol)

Any ideas anyone????

Ta!!!!

Charlie

You sure it connects to the AFM wire? when i fitted the TRL VFCC (same thing) to my MK4 im sure it went in on the MAP sensor wire :huh:

That is because a Map sensor is an alternative to an AFM ;) if you had an SACF-II it would also use the Map sensor wire :thumbsup:

I am sucha sad ***** jsut by looking at the pin marking on the diagram of a 7M-GTE ECU I knew it was the airflow meter wire :ph34r:

Bump!!!!

Anyone???

Edit.. Sorted...

I should have though about it more before posting!!! :bye:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links