Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Get Cd Out Of Removed Headunit From Corolla

leonlikestrees

Ok, I'm a muppet. Replaced the standsard headunit on my 2002 Corolla T3 (a W58802 sloit loading cd thingy), and then realised there is a cd in it still!

Is there an easy way to get it out that doesn't involve refitting the headunit?

I can't find a manual eject button anywhere.

I do have a 12v Battery for my bike lights that I use for MTBing in the dark. I thought if I could figure out which pins to power it up with, I could power it, eject and then power down.

Anyone know which pins are for power?

Thanks,

Leon

We've all been there and done that :lol::thumbsup:

I would say that replacing it back, up to the wiring stage, would be the way forward.

Most H/U don't have a manual eject button as most will need an electrical power to eject them out, unlike what you find on a computer CD tray where it has a little hole so you can push them out.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i did that to a changer once and couldn't be bothered getting it all wired up again.

if you look at this

http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quattro/wi...p85/isopin.html

you can figure out what pins are the power. Yeah it's audi but the iso connections are the same for each radio unless they have a weird harness.

you need to give positive to pins 4 and 7 and negative to pin 8, The speaker and power connectors are very similar so be careful to get the correct one.

If in doubt i recommend you pull out your stereo just enough to swap the connector to get your cd out.

Becareful, on my last car, the constant power and switchable power connections, were opposites, so what should of been constant power was actually switchable power, and vice versa, so when i kept putting on the H/U, all the radio setting were lost as soon as i turned off the last time, took me a few days to work it out, but soon got it sorted.

As i said, just connect it back up, and get the CD out.

From the picture in the link, the ISO connection, only 2 of them are standard use for the car, all the others are for that particular car usage, such as seperate display, computer stuff, etc.

All the ISO connection is for, are the power and Speakers connections, unless otherwise specifed from the wiring harness settings

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links