Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning Warning Warning

gordypix

I know most people are very Coy about opening, let alone responding to emails, but you need to be aware anyway that there is an email going around regarding a Toyota Prius as a Prize "you" have won.

THIS IS A SCAM EMAIL - so if you receive one just DELETE it.

Here is what my Junk Box picked up earlier:

The Lottery Department

Toyota Car Promotions

Haandvaerkervej 8,1

DK-9000 Aalborg

CVR-nr. 25554493

PRIZE OF A BRAND NEW CAR AWARD

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a a brand new toyota car (Toyota Prius).Your email address won International promotion draw programs held on Friday,the 18th of November 2005 in London Uk.

Description Of New Toyota Car to be Shipped to you.

New Toyota Car :......................Year 2005 Model

COLOUR OF CAR:.......................Light Blue Colour

MODEL:...............................Toyota Prius 2.0i ES

ENGINE TYPE:.........................1973cc 4-cylinder

CHASSIS NUMBER........................:5654489

POWER:...............................145bhp

TRANSMISSIONS:.....................Five-speed manual

FUEL:................................29.1mpg (combined)

AMOUNT OF CAR.......................$21,275

You can view our website to view your car

(<http://www.toyota.com/prius/>)

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection system drawn from a database of over 250,000 email addresses selected from all the continents of the world.

This Toyota car Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).

This promotional car lottery is the fifth of its kind as we intend to sensitize the

public.

To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact your reality claims officer through our accredited Prize agents as stated below:

Mr Micheal Ross

Haandvaerkervej 8,1

DK-9000 Aalborg

United Kingdom

Email;michealross@realtyagent.com

Tel:+44-703-1922-776

+44-703-1922-783

When contacting him, please provide him with your secret pin code tyt4234bg and your reference number 6y2005udx.You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as soon as possible:

CLAIMS REQUIREMENTS:

1.Name in full

2.Address

3.Nationality

4.Age

5.s*x

6.Occupation

7Phone/Fax

8.Present Country

9.Scanned copy of your identity.

If you do not contact your claims agent within 7 working days of this notification,your car claim would be revoked. Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT)pending the claim by Winner.

Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Regards

Mr Howard leronne

Toyota district Manager

:lol: If they really believe anyone is dumb enough to fall for this c ra p then they gotta be the Stupidest SOB's alive........... :lol:

O' and by the way....

They give their return email address as (in case any scam busters - Ian you know I'm talking to you) wanna say HI):

tayotapromots2005@msn.com

(Note the spelling of TOYOTA :lol::lol::lol: )

Congratulations Gordy ;) ...................I sold my prize back to them and banked the money:D

It might of worked before everyone else tried doing it, I would assume that it could be used through this forum, for people showing their email addresses, they are realistic at least, so its not Congratulations! You have Just won a Bentley Continental GT! (I know someone who has one of these, very nice car btw!) But its realistic, just a simple Toyota, maybe on a suzuki forum they are being offered a new Suzuki swift or something.

But nice to be warned, thank you

No, they use a email random generator that just emails thousands of addresses whether real or not in the hope that they get through to a real address and someone is daft enough to believe that rubbish and reply.

As it went to my hotmail account it was picked up easily by the "anti-imbescile" filter.......... :yes:

New Toyota Car :......................Year 2005 Model

COLOUR OF CAR:.......................Light Blue Colour So what colour would that be?

MODEL:...............................Toyota Prius 2.0i ES

ENGINE TYPE:.........................1973cc 4-cylinder No mention it's a hybrid?

CHASSIS NUMBER........................:5654489

POWER:...............................145bhp

TRANSMISSIONS:.....................Five-speed manual More than one transmission, eh?

FUEL:................................29.1mpg (combined)

AMOUNT OF CAR.......................$21,275 Would that be Dutch dollars or English dollars? :P

Mr Micheal Ross

Haandvaerkervej 8,1

DK-9000 Aalborg

United Kingdom

Email;michealross@realtyagent.com Pity he can't spell his own name.

As you say, a scam but thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Thing is, some people are gullible enough to reply. They only need a very small percentage take up to make it worth their while.

Did you notice the address:

Haandvaerkervej 8,1

DK-9000 Aalborg

United Kingdom

Yeah, because we have dutch named streets here too!!!

and Gordy ;)

My thoughts exactly!! Thanks for the warning Gordy ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links