Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Stereos

sotal

Ok I'm a bit stuck here

In the Focus we've got a crappy std Ford Stereo with CD player - it does it's job basically but nothing fancy.

We've been thinking about changing it since we got the car and I picked up a fascia adapter for £2.00 of eBay.

Now we've seen a stereo with a memory card slot and USB slot that plays MP3's etc off the card and usb for £59.99 +VAT from Makro - which is perfect for what we need in the car.

The only problem is it's made by VRX (never heard of them) and the output is 4x25w which seems a bit low to me.

With car stereos I've only ever had well known brands and I'm a bit worried about going with a noname :unsure:

My wife drives the car mostly and it would be excellent to just drop a GB of MP3's onto a memory card and stick that in the car, rather than burn loads of cd's - so technically it would be perfect.

The car only has standard Speakers although my wife would like them uprated in the future - we do have a spare amp lying about as well if that bypasses the issue of the lowish output???

Any advice???

Amazon do a similar one for £75:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...2101969-1432769

the thing is, at the end of the day, all stereos come down to their component parts - and the quality of those parts, with the manufactring define the quality of the stereo...

At that price, it wont be a Denon system, or even kenwood/alpine quality, but from what your saying, you dont need it...

I cant imagine it being any worse than a similarly priced Goodmans, and if your misses isnt going to hammer it - it should do fine...

All ill say is, check its warrantied for at least a year, and then your covered...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links