Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing, Uprating And Recommendations Please!

Tahiti200

The car has had regular services (the wife has had the car for years and loves it) by Toyota to date so I haven’t got involved. It’s due a service shortly, and I know someone very reliable who can do the work privately now. With the money saved from paying dealer labour charges, I’m planning to spend out on a comprehensive service including uprating some minor parts while the car’s being looked at. I don't know exactly what to get or where from though!).

All parts are for an EP91 Starlet SR (1.3 litre NASP) and your comments would be appreciated (PM me if you like): -

Anti Roll Bar bushes - polyurethane

Suspension to body bushes (can never remember their proper name) - polyurethane

Panel filter - foam or equivalent rather than paper

Cambelt - OE part unless other type recommended

Auxiliary belts - OE part unless other type recommended

Spark Plugs - not too sure on this. I’ve been recommended to use Platinum tipped ones. Any thoughts?

HT Leads - OE part unless other type recommended

Oil - I’ll just get some GTX Magnatec unless you have a better idea.

Also does anyone know of any way of getting discount on genuine Toyota parts? Ideally I’d like to get the real thing rather than pattern parts.

Thanks in advance for helping with such a boring topic :rolleyes:

Rob

Rob if you go gold you will get a discount on genuine toyota parts you would nearly save the fee for going gold in discounts for that little lot. The only people i know that do the suspension bushes are TRD and whiteline i would contact demontweeks about the whiteline gear or email them direct www.whiteline.com.au.

Simon

As far as the Cambelt goes, stick with the genuine Toyota part. You may find other makes cheaper, but you know you'll get the quality with the genuine article. It's really the 1 thing that you shouldn't take chances with.

Uprated leads are a good option though.

Ah Gold membership. Will look into when I get home!

Cambelt and other belts, I'd stick with OE parts to be honest.

Whiteline and TRD - good thinking!

Any more thoughts?

Cheers

Rob

Finding parts for the little Starlet is a bit "fun". Can anyone give me the part number for a K&N filter? I'm just after a panel filter, and must be speaking a different language when I phone up to buy one.

As an aside, does anyone know if the filter from a different model would be the same? It might help me to track the part without a part number.

Cheers

Rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links