Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help!

Liftback_Rolla

hey guys first of just let u know im actually kudos+, my pc crashed a couple of weeks ago n i cudnt remember my password so i got a new account....

Just like some of ur knowledge really...

I was givin my 94 corolla sum stick down the dual carrigeway changein gear on 5000 rpm and reached 90mph...... was only a short blast of a journey what lasted approx 10 mins if that. I then parked up for like 45mins and then started her bk up, she sounded pretty ruff for a few seconds and then stalled itself which i really crapped myself about as it has never done this before.... i restarted it and it seemed to be running ok...just makeing a clicking noise like 1 click evry 10 secs when doing 40mph ish...... i just want to know if its possible i have done my engine any harm and if so what could i have done?? the thing what really worried me was it stalling by itself in neutral as its never done this.

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Hey,

have you made sure its got enough oil?

If the oil is ok, i cant really see what major damage you couldve done really, i used to rev my 1300 Gli to 6,200 and i started first time, everytime :thumbsup:

if she is 'ticking' all the time might be one of the valves. I'd take her down to you toyota garage for them to have a listen if it something like that they would be able to tell stright away.

thanks guys, for the info....... erm the ticking lasted for a few minutes and has now gone (touch wood) she seems to be driveing like normal now so i dunno what that was about last night??

by the way what dya think does ur car more damage, driveing @ say 90mph churning over say nrly 5000rpm in 5th for like long motorway distances or having quick sprints through the gears to 5,000 rpm?? because u wouldnt think it would do the engine much harm having quick sprints to 5000 (the only thing i can see what would b taking a bit of a battering would be the clutch.....)

Would have thought my car cud take it as ive seen f reg fiesta 1.1 nittin needle engines batterin it down the motorway at 100mph!!!

scared of givin it any now :( coz i hav no money spare if i do break it

o the fun of being a student

lol

i'd say your engine is under more load when accelerating through the gears...

But a constant 5,000rpm would obviously still be putting a fair bit of stress on the engine :wacko:

Alls i know is when i had a car like yours, mine was fine, and i did give it some stick! :P

its a rather big car for the 4efe to power...

its a rather big car for the 4efe to power...

yeh id agree with you on that i mean it can shift for a 1.3 but is underpowered for a big car as it weighs 1040kg

but there agen the new corollas what hav a 1.4 weigh more than mine........and only slightly more power....

LOL now theres a good idea!!!  :D

If your still after something quicker in sept/nov next year, buy mine :D :yes:

LOL now theres a good idea!!!  :D

If your still after something quicker in sept/nov next year, buy mine :D :yes:

na mike your one is mine :P

I'll be reminding your of that when im selling it! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links