Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights

Azzer8

This is my first post on the TOC, I have just bought myself a new set of bulbs to replace the current ones in my new Yaris p2 Blue colour collection.

I am having troubles actually getting the old bulbs out, I have got to the part in the manual where you take off the plug, then the rubber thing off the back of the headlights, but then there is a metal clip.

I cant see how to get this off, as you cant get a clear view on the clip and the manual doesnt tell you if you need to pull the clip or squeeze it

Any help would be great!!!!

headlighst can be a bugger i helped my dad to change a side bulb on his mondeo apart from having to take the grill off then the whole light unit out we then got to the point where we had to get ascrewdriver to prise the bulbholder out (thats what it even reconmended in the manual)

so i guess its just trial and error

well i dont know how to help you but im sure someone with the knowledge will be along soon and in any case lemme be the first in the club to say welcome :D

This is my first post on the TOC, I have just bought myself a new set of bulbs to replace the current ones in my new Yaris p2 Blue colour collection.

I am having troubles actually getting the old bulbs out, I have got to the part in the manual where you take off the plug, then the rubber thing off the back of the headlights, but then there is a metal clip.

I cant see how to get this off, as you cant get a clear view on the clip and the manual doesnt tell you if you need to pull the clip or squeeze it

Any help would be great!!!!

Squeeze it together :thumbsup: !

1) Disconnect the plug

2) Remove the rubber thing

3) Squeeze the metal clip together on the outer-edge and it will swing/pop out

4) The bulb should just easily pull out

BTW the passenger side bulb is a b***h to do

Thanks for all the replies, i will give this a try when it is daytime, I have had a look at the passenger one, is there an easy way to remove it.

I have considered taking the actual headlight unit out as that looks simple (if you dont have to take bumper off that is)

Thanks again

I have considered taking the actual headlight unit out as that looks simple (if you dont have to take bumper off that is)

I think you do though, well I did when i replaced my headlight units for some T-Sport items! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies, i will give this a try when it is daytime, I have had a look at the passenger one, is there an easy way to remove it.

:huh: Why go through all that trouble? This has got to be one of the easiest jobs one can think of.

Takes me about all of 2 minutes, in pitch black darkness, having a !Removed! after the job is done included. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links