Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Follow Up...

paddyboy15

Hi all.

Figured out that my alarm on my t-sport doesm't work. I can't set it off by movement in the car, or outside shaking etc.

I've also found that my alarm light stays static instead of flashing.

If I were to take her to Mr-T, what are the best and worse case scenarios? e.g. cost/time etc.

Even better, if anyone knows wat's wrong with the damn thing, please help, its driving me nuts! :ffs:

roll the window down, close the door, lock it + lean in + open the door see if that sets it off, also, pop the bonnet, lock it then open the bonnet & see if that sets it off.........

having the bonnet open and fiddling with the fusebox sets it off (ouch!), but nothing else seems to work.

any ideas?

myne is the same...i couldnt set the alarm off by shaking it or anything, however when i was havin my car cleaned, the guy managed to set it off, dunno how.

didn't buy the car from a dealer unfortunately.

is there any main reason why it wouldn't work and why the light remains static?

Take it to any dealer, its not working and i dont think anyone knows why its not working so they will be your best bet! :thumbsup:

mine sometimes randomly goes off.. but i now when u leave the window down and reach in for somethin the alarm does not go off. altho if u unlock the door from the inside and open the door it goes off

Anyone had an alarm fixed before?

Is it better to get toyota to fix it or another garage?

Wat range of costs am i looking?

Anyone had an alarm fixed before?

Is it better to get toyota to fix it or another garage?

Wat range of costs am i looking?

Can't really say how much it would cost to fix, as it could be something simple or something that may need the whole alarm to be replace.

Phone or pop into Mr T and see if they will have a look at it for you (they may charge you!). If they find the problem however big or small you will atleast know what the problem is and how much it would cost to be fixed at Mr T. Then you can pop to a local garage, tell them what the problem is and ask them how much it would cost to be fixed :thumbsup: !

sounds like a plan batman.

seriously tho, thanks, think thats what i'll do!

you didnt answer if opening the doors via lowered windows set it off.

Radar sensor is just an optional item in your TVSSIV alarm. Your car probably does not have it.

so to set off the alarm, they would have to open the door or the hood.

Optional items are glass breakage sensor and interior radar sensor.

sounds like a plan batman.

seriously tho, thanks, think thats what i'll do!

you didnt answer if opening the doors via lowered windows set it off.

Radar sensor is just an optional item in your TVSSIV alarm. Your car probably does not have it.

Hes already given that answer in another thread, this was just an update! :thumbsup:

yep, sorry, should've carried on the original thread but was hoping to grab more attention!

and no, other than fiddling with the fuse box with the hood up, nothing else suggested has set it off.

thanks for all your help tho guys (and gals obviously!).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links