Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hot Yaris

Red Yaris 54

From Todays Auto Express (page 15):

"Toyota is upping the power stakes with a hot T Sport version of its new Yaris supermini

The 150 bhp T Sport is expected to debut at March Geneva motor show and arrive at dealers by mid next year in 3 and 5 door form

Fitted with a 1.8 litre engine and six speed gearbox the car will get a similar to Trulli concept bodykit

Top speed around 125 m.p.h."

Think of the insurance :rolleyes:

well now were talking but i bet its not vvtLi, but if its the other 1.8 the 140 bhp from the celica it means a vvtli 190 block should go in :P

GET IN!!!!!!!! That's what I've been waiting for, I wonder if I could pre-order one?

Now thats more like it Toyota.

well now were talking but i bet its not vvtLi, but if its the other 1.8 the 140 bhp from the celica it means a vvtli 190 block should go in :P

I think Toyota are dropping the 1.8 VVTL-i engine due to emmisions regulations.

Now thats more like it Toyota. 

I wonder if they will produce a limited number like the corolla compressor?

Need more proof though ;) !

The MR2 roadster has the 140bhp, and the 190 DOESN'T fit out the box .. it needs a few amendments.

I bet the performance will be slightly better than than the current t sport.

i reckon 0-60 around 8.0 seconds, because it will be heavier. Id put a bet on that it wont be a vvtli, as it will cost too much

but if its the other 1.8 the 140 bhp from the celica

That's what I was thinking, it can't be the 1.8 out the Celica and Roadster because they engines have been dropped because of emmisions. It must be an all new 1.8 if the reports are, indeed, true! ;) :thumbsup:

i seriously wouldnt stick with the new yaris, it looks.......................... not very good.

and i doubt that they will bring out something even remotely sporty for the t sport version. even if it is quick it still looks................................. not very good.

its too un-aerodynamic to get any decent top speed even now. its just gone from one bubble to an even bigger bubble. the new yaris looks too french.......... stupid baguette people ****reon and pugs

Enough of the "french bashing", you might offend me :P

Sounds good though - I would have been very surprised had they not done it :)

A

The MR2 roadster has the 140bhp, and the 190 DOESN'T fit out the box .. it needs a few amendments.

cheers ben i wasnt too sure i thought they were essentially the same engine

:thumbsup:

shame they only did half a job :rolleyes: still looks crap :P

agreed! i was sat here thinking 'great ill hang onto mine then chop it in :D '

oh wait its the ugly new version!

dang!

cheers ben i wasnt too sure i thought they were essentially the same engine

:thumbsup:

Bit daft to make it NOT fit .. but hey ..

I know it has been done, but I think it's more involved than a swap ..

It is needed though .. especially with the new Golf, Astra, Civic.

The Astra is rapid, the Golf getting back it's GTi status .. there are whispers of a "Type RR" Turbo nutter from Honda, and now the Yaris seems to be getting bigger - it needs a top spec model.

(and where does it leave the Corolla?)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links