Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It's Been A While...

Sp33dY

Some of u will recall who i am ... i ran / run OZECHO.com which has evolved into www.OZTOYOTA.com with the introduction of the yaris ;)

Since i last posted, and looked at this forum, ive been pretty busy finishing the year with school, and a new job ... so a bit of cash was made, and now ive splashed :D

Latest additions have been an Apexi RSM, Greddy Front Strut brace, Uniflow Podfilter, some Sportivo (T-Sport) side skirts, and some 17" wheels.

FIRSTLY, A VIDEO!

I used my new camera, and got my gf to record this of me driving past with the uniflow filter blaring --- thats a stock muffler on it, it's all induction sound :rolleyes:

475KB, WMV Format

http://www.oztoyota.com/stuff/ozecho_27-12-2005.wmv

NOW FOR SOME PICS....

Please Excuse the dirty engine bay :P

ozecho_greddy_strut_brace.jpg

Rice Speed meter represent!

sik_echo_dash.jpg

And rollin on 17s once again ....

ozecho_dec27_05_1.jpg

ozecho_dec27_05_2.jpg

Impressive presentation, Sp33dy, thanks.

Last time I was in Melbourne, I rented an Avalon and

drove to Geelong, where I stayed for work and with

the odd side trip to beautiful Melbourne.

Your motorways are made for a Yaris and your police-

women, or at least one of them, most courteous and

forgiving :yes:

Have fun!

looks and sounds awsome dude.

keep us updated

like the Apexi meter in the top section of the dash :yes:

cant you flush it in? would look superb! :yes:

I tried flushing mine in with fibreglass, but instead opted to get a stand for it and put it to the right of the steering wheel. Looks much better than before, the gaping holes are now covered up as they were before. Other problem is teres a hole at the back of the cubby hole

Sounds really good, Even better when I turned the bass up on my Speakers lol

The Yaris over all is looking amazing, I'm not to sure about the additional "Speed meter" But hay each to there own.

It looks better then mine, that goes with out saying.

Keep up the good work, because by the looks of it, it’s worth it.

White rims on a black car? And T-Sport style headlights? Wonder where you got your idea's from? :P

Looking nice mate! :D :thumbsup:

White rims on a black car? And T-Sport style headlights? Wonder where you got your idea's from? :P

Looking nice mate! :D  :thumbsup:

LOL . mate ..... my lights were modded like that back in 2003 :P

RossP ... NO it doesnt redline at 4606 , it sees over 6K rpm daily :P

The wheels are 17x7 with 215 tyres and only scrub on large bumps, they look pretty menacing i think due to their width :D

I bought the RSM purely for the digial tacho readout + Voltmeter, although i only really needed/wanted the voltmeter for car audio purposes. IM not too happy with the location of the rsm, and i do plan on moulding it into the dash a bit better at some stage.... at the moment i cant be bothered ;)

RossP ... NO it doesnt redline at 4606 , it sees over 6K rpm daily :P

I bought the RSM purely for the digial tacho readout + Voltmeter, although i only really needed/wanted the voltmeter for car audio purposes. IM not too happy with the location of the rsm, and i do plan on moulding it into the dash a bit better at some stage.... at the moment i cant be bothered ;)

Thats good to hear then mate :P I bought mine cos of the lack of a tacho, it does a good job i must say. I still wish somehow that i had moulded mine into the dash properly...i just couldn't be bothered and got the easy way out :P

Heres a pic i took this arvo of me parked next to a new 4 door Yaris on the street :)

ozecho_yaris_parked.jpg

And heres another VIDEO for ya's to download. Pretty much the same as above, except with 3 drivebys, and its prettier, and better put together :D

WMV, 774KB

http://www.oztoyota.com/stuff/ozecho_dec_27.wmv

Thats all for today :D

Hi their, very nice car btw , how much lower(roughly) does your car sit than a standard yaris? Or is it just the side skirts?

DM

how much lower(roughly) does your car sit than a standard yaris? Or is it just the side skirts?

Just 30mm lowered springs... the tyre profile is currently 40 (they came off a honda), so i'll be looking for 30 or 35s soon which should make it sit a little lower.

Thats a very tasty car with THE meanest induction sound EVER on a yaris! :drool:

Is it possible to get those filters over here? (UK) From pics it looks just the same as the Apexi filter (suggest relocation aswell) Is it just a dry type cone filter?

Needs a TTE spoiler on it though :yes:

I cant say im too sure with that rim design in white (personally think it should be silver) but i like white against black with non split 5spokes :D

Nice car! Original, loud, stylish, subtle! Congrats! All i would add is a spoiler and brows :D

The filter is a UNIFLOW product ... www.uniflow.com.au .... they ship Worldwide.

Its not a dry filter, its a complete foam element with alluminium housing, and must be oiled.

zebidi did yours used to sound like that with just an Apexi? Because i eventually want to fit a filter to give me a nice induction growl but obviously also a decent maintenance free filter. I didnt realise the Apexi sounded as aggressive as that as i haven't ever heard one without exhaust noise aswell. If so :drool:

Kind of off topic but has anyone brought the envy filter yet?

Woody, I bet my GReddy is almost as loud as Sp33dY's when I'm accelerating hard in 2nd! :yes:

I'll try and get a sound clip of mine going by with my GReddy and one of my bro's T-Sport with his A'PEXi on too! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links