Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Info:

bw10030

Well, nearly a month into T-Sport ownership, and enjoying every minute!

Bought the car to replace a diesel Yaris (too unstable on the motorway), with just 23 miles on the clock, registered originally to Toyota in June! 600 miles nearly up now, so looking forwad to a bit more 'action'.

Just a couple of questions: Where are the T-Sports made? The Diesel was definitely French built - stickers all over as a give away - but this one has no mention of France - in fact, most stickers under the bonnet are Anglo / Japanese language. If French built, why this difference? The car also seems much better built than the diesel - better trim, better installation under the bonnet, etc.

Also the car came with the wrong handbook (since sorted by the dealer), but did not refer to any Yaris I am aware of - analogue dials, but not T-Sport style, and no mention of either the T-Sport engine, or the diesel. Any ideas?

Finally, anybody know how to decipher the VIN number - i.e. work out where built, spec, serial number etc?

hand book may have been release pre-diesel, they came out a while after the first yaris' made an appearance

there is another type of analgue dial, but not available in this country, it just has one massive dial for the speedo

and it has been discussed before that the japanese ones do seem to have a better level of buld quality as opposed to their french counter parts

Thanks for the info chaps.

There's a lot more attention to detail, especially under the bonnet, which (along with the lack of 'made in France' stickers) made me think it's off a different assembly line. Things like cables and pipes better tidied and clipped up, etc.

The gauges were strange in the handbook - as said earlier, larger dial speedo,and an analogue fuel contents gauge.

Anyway, car is a dream to drive, better handling and no being blown about on the motorway. And the exhaust noise is getting better with increasing revs!

my standard exhaust has quite a tone to it now an all,

glad you like your t sport, i loved min (not past tense) but im movin on

Definitely Japan made, the engine/motor code starts with JT, that means Japan. :) We have had our since October and love every minute of it, a very good car indeed! Although in my opinion, the exhaust is way too quiet for me for a "sports car", they could have made it a little louder and with a deeper tone! I'm thinking about replacing the rear exhaust in order to receive a deeper and louder exhaust tone.

OK - there are three of four popular choices:

1. Blitz Nur Spec - whistle/growl strange tone - unique (doesnt protrude much past bumper lookwise)

2. Fuji Power Getter - most common choice on here, enormous pipework and fantastic noise - fairly unique tone

3. HKS HyperMuffler or HyperDragger - deeper rumble and more pronounced (in my opinion) than the other two

4. newly developed Envy performance one - have a look in their section - dont know anyone with one, but given that kevin is a keen t-sport driver Im sure it'll be the dogs

- and the improvement in noise and general good feeling will go on for a long long time!

OK - there are three of four popular choices:

1. Blitz Nur Spec - whistle/growl strange tone - unique (doesnt protrude much past bumper lookwise)

2. Fuji Power Getter - most common choice on here, enormous pipework and fantastic noise - fairly unique tone

3. HKS HyperMuffler or HyperDragger - deeper rumble and more pronounced (in my opinion) than the other two

4. newly developed Envy performance one - have a look in their section - dont know anyone with one, but given that kevin is a keen t-sport driver Im sure it'll be the dogs

- and the improvement in noise and general good feeling will go on for a long long time!

Thanks clarky! :D I've read a lot of good opinions on Blitz, Fuji, and HKS, and I have also heard that HKS has the deepest and most agressive sound of the exhaust! I'll look into Envy and see what they've go to offer...

Envy do a nice exhasut which is supposed to sound good, with removable baffle aswell

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links