Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Yaris To Buy?

talula

Hi Yaris lovers out there,

I've decided to purchase a Yaris and really need some good objective feedback about which model to buy.

I want to spend between £4-5,000 tops for a used Yaris and will primarily be driving it in London, with the odd monthly trip to Manchester/Cardiff etc. for work.

Please advise me on what the best options are for that amount of money.

Also, I'm new to the UK and would welcome any recommendations for where to buy a Yaris in the London area.

Thanks so much for your help!

Talula

Anywhere really, all good on fuel (heaviest is a T sport, still not bad if driven for economy)

Dealers can be good, so they are more happy to help with warranty.

1 for sale here, me being biased would say buy mine (PM if interested, will look at a better price :) )

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45083

Depends what you want from your car - if you want something economical yet nippy, then a 1.0 will do, or if you want something with a bit more kick theres a 1.3.... 1.5 T-Sport is for those who want a sharper kick... or theres also a 1.4 diesel as well....

Also all depends on what sort of spec you want - do you want alloys, air con, cd player etc or are you happy with a basis model?

Also depends how long you have been driving ,and how old you are?

and how much have you got to spend on insurance.

That might help you make the decission of what model.

Depends what you want from your car - if you want something economical yet nippy, then a 1.0 will do, or if you want something with a bit more kick theres a 1.3.... 1.5 T-Sport is for those who want a sharper kick... or theres also a 1.4 diesel as well....

Depends what you want from your car - if you want something economical, then a 1.0 will do, or if you want something nippy theres a 1.3.... 1.5 T-Sport is for those who want a bit of a kick... or theres also a 1.4 diesel as well....

Thats better :rolleyes: !

Depends what you want from your car - if you want something economical, then a 1.0 will do, or if you want something nippy theres a 1.3.... 1.5 T-Sport is for those who want a bit of a kick... or theres also a 1.4 diesel as well....

Thats better :rolleyes: !

Dont put words in my mouth young man! :lol:

1.0 is nippy enough for a runabout, 1.3 has a bit more kick and 1.5 even more (I assume!) ;)

Kimi has a good point - there are many things to consider particularly if you're new to the UK.

I would suggest a 1.3 SR - this isn't because I own one, but I think it could suit your needs more than enough and isn't too far a step from the 1.5 TS.

They are going for very good 2nd hand car money and most have been well looked after.

As you've not had a Yaris before, a T Sport may be a little pricey. But I guess it depends on your requirements for the car's minimum/maximum age etc :thumbsup:

The D-4D mate! A Buzz-Lightyear engine that has the most torque which makes it a much nicer drive. Diesels have come on leaps and bounds these last few years, and the Toyota engine is among the very best out there. Goes very well, and if you want to overtake faster than even a sporty 1.5, a cheap plug-in add-on for around £200 will give you about 100BHP and huge torque. All this and 65MPG+

T-Spirit 2003/4 can be found in your price range, coming with alloys, sunroof, air-con, park sensors...

Yeah, as mentioned, when deciding what to go for you will need to think about what you want to get from it, there's a fair bit of choice in the Yaris range.

I got my car from an auction & saved myself a fortune, I did plenty of research so I knew what would be a good price then bought my car for a sum that I'm more than happy with. There is a small element of risk involved though in that cars from auctions are mainly "sold as seen" so you won't get any warranties etc. If you go to a good place though the car should have had a HPi check done which should put your mind at some ease. Most second hand car dealers go to auctions to get their stock, definately worth considering.

if you're gonna be doing city driving, avoid the 1.0l S as they dont have power steering, 13 is probably your best bet if your want to balance motorway with city driving

You definitely shoud get a TS, its so quick and fast even though its a 1.5 liter, very reliable and good looking car, try finding one cause you will like it! :drool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links