Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Quote - What Do You Think?

pstones578

I went in to Toyota today to look at the new Yaris. I currently have an '04 T-Spirit 1.3 that I was asking for a trade-in value for and these are the numbers I were given.

New Yaris T-Spirit 1.3 = £11,800

My car trade-in value = £6,250

finance assistance(for taking finance via toyota) = £500

Remaining (that I'd have to pay)= £4,570

The finance would be paid off almost immediately, which is why I want to take it out as I can get the £500 assistance thing but hen pay the whole lot off therefore getting an extra £500 off the price effectively.

My question is do people think the £11,800 is a reasonable price for the car as it seems to me that this is just the RRP and the number hasn't been lowered at all.

Also, the offer for my car which is in excellent condition, does this look okay?

This is the first quote that I have had and was hoping to not be paying £4,500 to upgrade. £2,500 would have been better. I am wondering what other people have got the new car value down to when negotiating and how much more they have negotiated for their own car. If I could get the total I'd have to Shell out to £2,000 - £2,500 I'd be happy.

you will find there will be penalities for ending the finance so soon, so you might not be saving as much as you think that way.

Me, i'd argue a cash deal, okay the dealer gets a worse deal, but its an easy sale for him that way...

Its a new car, but i cant see why you couldnt barter hard and get at least £500 off the list price, or try and get some extras thrown in free.. like mats, or some upgrade.

Also, if your willing to take an 'in stock' car, (a model/colour they have waiting to sell, or un-sold on the way) you are more likely to get a deal than if you want something specific.

Thats for a 5 door right?

I hope so, because those are the prices I've been looking at for a T-Spirit 5 door 1.3 as well!

To be honest, you could get a little knocked off the price - at least give it a try, and if they arent willing to, get loads of freebies thrown in... they'll be hesitant to knock any money off a brand new model, but no harm in trying - or at least compromise and ask for a bit more on the trade-in although in all fairness I think they have taken that quite high for you - Parkers reckon £6060 for trade-in on your current 04 plate....

But hey, the worst they can say is no, and then you take your business elsewhere if you want to.... ;)

you will find there will be penalities for ending the finance so soon, so you might not be saving as much as you think that way.

Me, i'd argue a cash deal, okay the dealer gets a worse deal, but its an easy sale for him that way...

Its a new car, but i cant see why you couldnt barter hard and get at least £500 off the list price, or try and get some extras thrown in free.. like mats, or some upgrade.

Also, if your willing to take an 'in stock' car, (a model/colour they have waiting to sell, or un-sold on the way) you are more likely to get a deal than if you want something specific.

I ended my finance early last time and did not incur any penalties at all.

The comment you make about an in-stock colour, they din't have any so I would have to wait anyway.

it depends on a number of factors...

the specific policy, the length left to run etc...

You'll find you probably had to pay and additional months interest on the remaning amount, but they wont tell you that on the settlement figure.

If you end a 3 year loan in the first year, you may only have the 1 months interest, but some policies can be 3 months interest, or even an extra months payment!

I hope so, because those are the prices I've been looking at for a T-Spirit 5 door 1.3 as well!

To be honest, you could get a little knocked off the price - at least give it a try, and if they arent willing to, get loads of freebies thrown in... they'll be hesitant to knock any money off a brand new model, but no harm in trying - or at least compromise and ask for a bit more on the trade-in although in all fairness I think they have taken that quite high for you - Parkers reckon £6060 for trade-in on your current 04 plate....

But hey, the worst they can say is no, and then you take your business elsewhere if you want to.... ;)

That's for a 3 door model, forgot to say, and I'm unsure what to ask for with regards to extras apart from mats and petrol and mud-guards. I'd really be amazed if I could get them down to me having to Shell out 'only' £2,500 to upgrade.

it depends on a number of factors...

the specific policy, the length left to run etc...

You'll find you probably had to pay and additional months interest on the remaning amount, but they wont tell you that on the settlement figure.

If you end a 3 year loan in the first year, you may only have the 1 months interest, but some policies can be 3 months interest, or even an extra months payment!

Even worse case scenarioing(did I make that word up) I can't see any penalties topping the £500 they knocked off so I still think it's a good thing to do to help the numbers come down a bit.

but thats kinda my point - why do that, and potentially lose any saving you might have, when you could barter that much off in a cash deal...

Have a look to see if they have any similar cars to yours on the forecourt, and try and get the trade in value up from there....

That's for a 3 door model, forgot to say, and I'm unsure what to ask for with regards to extras apart from mats and petrol and mud-guards. I'd really be amazed if I could get them down to me having to Shell out 'only' £2,500 to upgrade.

Do apologise - that price is the RRP for a 3 door and not a 5 - I was looking in the wrong place! :lol:

Extras wise... car mats, mud flaps, full tank of fuel, warning triangle, first aid kit - anything you can think of really - although the full tank of fuel is a must really!

Try and get your metallic paint free - that'll save you almost £400! :thumbsup:

Get any early-repayment terms on paper, I've been burnt in the past by not doing so. How long would you plan to keep the new car? If 3 years or more you'd save more money in the long run and get a better resale on a D-4D, and its the most powerful and economic of them all.

I can't believe that Toyota are selling the 1.3 T Spirit for £11,820 for metallic paint and then want another £295 for the "protection pack".

Scuff Plates, Mudflaps, Side protection mouldings, Bumper corner protectors, Boot protection plate and Textile floor mats.

I used to think it was a shallow victory getting a dealer to throw in a full tank of petrol or 'mats and flaps'. They'd already got these dialled into their profit margin.

At these prces, I'm not so sure.

One way to save £325? Chilli Red or Cirrus White. The only non-metallic paint finishes available.

One way to save £325? Chilli Red or Cirrus White. The only non-metallic paint finishes available.

And imo some of the best colours for it! (drawing with a few of the nice blues!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links