Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Rattle

awol234

Ok i seem to have a probelm with my exhaust. It rattles whenever i stop but only when i go over about 50 or 60. Has this happened to anyone else?? :help:

I had a similar problem before - the bushings holdingthe exhaust in place had worn & the replacements were made from a synthetic plastic mix. No more noise after I replaced them.

when stopped it might be due to your revs dropping below 500 rpm - this happens alot with my car and is a common quirk (problem would be the wrong word) with the yaris due to the vvt-i ive been told

Mines has shaken its brackets loose a couple of times - get any decent garage to put it on the ramp and check - they may just need tightening up.

The idle rate on mine had to be adjusted too - after the header and relocated apexi - its not a difficult job for a competent mechanic

Mines has shaken its brackets loose a couple of times...

Another possibility is that the ceramic element inside the catalytic converter is, for whatever reason, shattered!

--

Bee.

Thanks for the help, if the cat converter had been cracked would they have picked that up on the 30k service?

The rattle is only when idoling after a drive and doing over 50.

Its too dark to check it now so i will check it sometime tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links