Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla

Shahid1973

Hi

Thinking of buying a used corolla anyone got suggestions as to which one to buy, ie the VVTI model or the pre 2000 model?

Hi

Thinking of buying a used corolla anyone got suggestions as to which one to buy, ie the VVTI model or the pre 2000 model?

AE92 It'll never let u down.... :thumbsup: BUT it aint VVTI.. And its a pretty PRE 2000 model id say..

Hi

AE92 It'll never let u down.... :thumbsup: BUT it aint VVTI.. And its a pretty PRE 2000 model id say..

what model? and what year do u recommend?

Hi

what model? and what year do u recommend?

I wouldnt recommend the 00-02 corolla if you are planning on modding it (unless u go cutom). Parts are like hens teeth, but it's a great car overall :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

Parts are hard to get for the E11 facelift model alright, but can be got if you search hard enough and there's a lot more stuff becoming avalible for them now, on my 2nd E11 corolla, both have been modded and look different than the million other E11's around my side of the country! Recomend this model, lovely cars to drive. :yes:

if you are thinking of getting one now...

i recomend you to get either the older ones with 4AGE engines

the AE101/111 generation won;t let you down.

or you wait for the latest one coming out from Toyota.

if you are the the family type..go ahead with the 00-02 models..they are great and very comfortable and big enough to fit 5 adults.

I would have two choices, depends on how much you want to pay for it. If you want the cheaper one, I would go with the 101 corolla, won't let you down. If you are willing to invest a little bit more money to a newer car which hasn't been driven so much, I highly recommend the E12 Corolla, from the year 2002 forwards. I myself have a E12 5d Hatchback D4D, but a 1.6 VVT-i is really handy, no matter if it is a 3d/5d hatchback or a sedan or a wagon. And you have to keep in mind that there is also the t-sport, if you want some performance as well, the 192 hp VVTL-i. And if your E12 has been registered after June -03 and it has the sol-package, there's the automatic airconditioning, and that's so lovely. That's at least how it goes in Finland.

I would have two choices, depends on how much you want to pay for it. If you want the cheaper one, I would go with the 101 corolla, won't let you down. If you are willing to invest a little bit more money to a newer car which hasn't been driven so much, I highly recommend the E12 Corolla, from the year 2002 forwards. I myself have a E12 5d Hatchback D4D, but a 1.6 VVT-i is really handy, no matter if it is a 3d/5d hatchback or a sedan or a wagon. And you have to keep in mind that there is also the t-sport, if you want some performance as well, the 192 hp VVTL-i. And if your E12 has been registered after June -03 and it has the sol-package, there's the automatic airconditioning, and that's so lovely. That's at least how it goes in Finland.

What year was 101 engine?

The Ae-101 ran from 1992-1997.

The models available, which i would recommend:

1.8 GXI - very rare top of the range UK spec(92-94)

1.6 SI - less rare, more expensive, high range, not as much as GXI(95-97)

1.6 CDX - 5 door, a few available with high spec.

There are many 1.3 XLI and GLI models available, but they have very few extras, no electrics(some glis do tho) windows, mirros, some have no body coloured coding, no spoilers, no tacho, etc...

The 1.8 had a 7AFE engine, many of which are high mileage now, and after 130,000 miles i have seen a few die, the 1.6 had the 4AFE and are very reliable engine, the 1.3 had the 4efe which is dam durable.

A good gxi is hard to come by, low mileage and well maintaines, the si model is overprice IMO, they dont have rear disc breaks and power is not amazing, the interior is good quality, but it is just a cheap version of the gxi.

Really the best model ever was the corolla FX. now they are MEGA rare!

cheers,

Kamran

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links