Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supercharging A Yaris

Gem_GTI

Hi everyone

I'm new on here.

I am wanting some information if possible on supercharging a yaris.

I would like to know costs, where I could get it done, bhp that the car will kick out afterwards and known problems with a supercharger on one of these if possible.

I would really appreciate your help as I am looking into purchasing a t-sport in place of my 106 GTI that I currently drive.

Thanks for your help guys :D

I think there was a pretty easy way of doing it, pay 3k, travel to germany and get an F1 pit crew to do it? or something like that!!!!!lol!!!

If you changing to the yaris becuase you want more power then your 106 Gti with the supercharger on I would not bother if I was you :(

Your GTI is 125bhp as standard if you took that to LAD Motorsport you could get 160-170bhp out of it think the price is £960+vat

A yaris with a supercharger will make 145bhp I think and costs 3k to get done..

But the Yaris is a better built car then the 106 and does not look as dated as the GTi, But I still reckon it's the 2nd best cars peugeot ever made the 106 rallye was better

My GTI has 145bhp, its been modified.

I was hoping to get something near the region of 200bhp from a yaris, is this possible? My second choice of car was a clio 182

I know its gonna take some serious money also I will have to buy a t-sport but I love yaris's! Do the superchargers come sort of warranty?

Thanks for the info :)

You could be on Turbo territory there. Will take a fair bit of time and money, unless you can import an RS Turbo Vitz, which pushes approx 150bhp and would be an ideal starting block. Either way I guess you know it will cost a fair bit.

Why not get a T Sport corolla? Or are you after a small quick car? The New Corolla is quite quick they also do a supercharger for that, you will be looking at over 200bhp with a supercharger.

You could allways get the new colt CTZ? think thats the one has a turbo on it 150bhp nice and quick

What sort of price do you reckon a turbo would cost?

Looking for the biggest power gain I can really, so that I can look into insurance etc :)

Why not get a T Sport corolla? Or are you after a small quick car? The New Corolla is quite quick they also do a supercharger for that, you will be looking at over 200bhp with a supercharger.

I would really prefer a small car. Plus I prefer the shape of the yaris to the corolla. :)

It varies greatly, but if you whack 'Turbo' in the forum search, you'll get loads of info on this as it's interested a fair few of us :)

What sort of price do you reckon a turbo would cost?

Looking for the biggest power gain I can really, so that I can look into insurance etc :)

I would really prefer a small car. Plus I prefer the shape of the yaris to the corolla. :)

I suggest a turbo/supercharger forum search. There's lots of variables to go into, with fueling and ECU remap etc....

it depends on how much money you have really

a much cheaper solution is get the 182, im there was talk of a 192 a while back, and do some work on it, cliosport.net is a good place to visit

a better car is the yaris but your going to have to pay a fortune to get it up to the clio spec as it is, then you want more. the clio will already be designed for 200bhp, the yaris isnt either (eg new brakes, maybe clutch etc)

if you wana follow ur heart not your brain (lets face it, thats modding in a nutshell) then go for the yaris

Thanks for that. Will this show me the possible 0-60 times too? Sorry to be a pest :(

the 0-60 of a supercharged yaris is about 7.5 to 60, it knocks off 1.5 secs

Apparently the GReddy turbo kit is £1400 but then you have to get it fitted and set up, think you can run 150bhp to 170bhp on that as i think yaris wrc sold a turbo kit and thats running 170bhp.

7.5s is a bit slower than I expected, would the turbo be around the same figure. I've just been looking at pictures of kimis yaris, anyone know what bhp this is running or its 0-60 times? Is there a feature on it somewhere?

You want 200hp from a Yaris, that's mega bucks mate...simple as that. Or you could put a 4e-fte in it and do that engine up, it respionds very well to mods...plus it's 130hp 1.3 turbo before you even start. Don't think it's been done in UK yet in anycase

AFAIK I don't think that has been done yet - probably due to the fact that the 1NZ-FE is in a relatively new car so people are reluctant to swap for an older engine, whilst cars are still in warranty etc.

I think this will start happening now though as the Yaris is getting older. Quite a good idea :)

Just turbo the t sport engine it would be quicker 0-60 and more bhp and you wont need a trip over to germany :driving:

the engine is proven under turbo conditions to around 250bhp under the Scion race series

but its mega mega money

for what youll spend on a yaris then all the mods will get you a very nice celica t-sport

Im looking at getting the 4efte into mine possibly in the summer!Insurance permitting!

CB :thumbsup:

coooooooool get it done! :thumbsup:

I honestly believe this will be a popular mod within the next year, particularly when the new Yaris comes out as the oldest ones will be cheaper and way out of warranty. People will start to look at engine swaps more seriously. The likes of the 4e-fte would be ideal. Someone suggested I did it to mine... when the SR still had 6 months warranty... I laughed :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links