Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mods/tuning And Warranty

ToTo_17

Do you guys know if any mods or changes are made to the car before the warranty is up, will I lose the official warranty from Toyota? Like some of you might have read, I am looking into some mods, first of all a backbox, but then later some lowering springs, just don't want to lose the warranty from Toyota. Here in Hungary, the dealership where we purchased the car from 3 months ago said, that I would lose warranty from a backbox swap because it might cause damage to the ecu or engine, perhaps lead to failure in the long run, alter numbers and percentages relating to cat and lambda, and that it's not worth trying at all if I want to keep my genuine warranty from Toyota. I have not heard of anything like this, do you guys know the scoop? :help:

Do you guys know if any mods or changes are made to the car before the warranty is up, will I lose the official warranty from Toyota? Like some of you might have read, I am looking into some mods, first of all a backbox, but then later some lowering springs, just don't want to lose the warranty from Toyota. Here in Hungary, the dealership where we purchased the car from 3 months ago said, that I would lose warranty from a backbox swap because it might cause damage to the ecu or engine, perhaps lead to failure in the long run, alter numbers and percentages relating to cat and lambda, and that it's not worth trying at all if I want to keep my genuine warranty from Toyota. I have not heard of anything like this, do you guys know the scoop? :help:

lol, they say that to scare you, so you buy expensive parts from them, they do however give you warranty of some things but not all.

damaage in the long run yeah probably true in 10 years time lol

lol, they say that to scare you, so you buy expensive parts from them, they do however give you warranty of some things but not all.

damaage in the long run yeah probably true in 10 years time lol

Yeah, I thought it was something like that... :ffs: Dealerships can be a pain! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links