Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking, Interior Light Don't Work

bbunited

Hi all,

Key fob button wouldn't lock car today. It opened the car, but wouldn't lock it again. Left it for 5 minutes and then it locked again. I also noticed that the rev counter stuck on the last rev before car was switched off. When switched ignition back on, rev counter went by down to 0 but very jerky!

Left it for 5 / 6 hours and unlocked car via key fob again, but wouldn't lock again. Noticed that the interior light did not come on.

I have read through a few of the central locking threads on this forum, but would just like other opinions to what to try first.

Interior bulb (Seemed ok)

Fuse (they all seemed ok when I checked them)

Help, What next?

Thanks

Paul

Hi all,

Interior bulb (Seemed ok)

Fuse (they all seemed ok when I checked them)

All i can say is that:

The interior light seems to go first to indicate a problem, which it has for me on a couple of occasions,

have you checked all the fuses, as they often have more than one box, on my 1999 there's one in the drivers well in addition to the under bonnet one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

The car is 5 days out of warranty, so I took it back to the dealership to see if they would repair it under warranty. Toyota GB have now stated that they will not repair it under warranty. The dealership are saying that it is a wiring problem.

I was under the impression that the interior light bulb is the cause of the problem, but maybe it is an earthing problem.

I will keep you informed, but I am not happy with Toyota declining to repair it under warranty because I am 5 days out (and bang on the 60,000 mile limit)

Has anyone got the address for Toyota GB to complain?

Thanks

Paul

i have the same problem its a fuse behind the glove box,as for the problem mr.t says it could be a loose earth or broken wire some where.It first started when they replaced a bulb in the boot.They told me drop it in tommorow and they will look it over.will let you know the outcome. It may be an easy fix that you could do at home.will get them to tell me exactly wat they done.

• 2 months later...

i have the same problem its a fuse behind the glove box,as for the problem mr.t says it could be a loose earth or broken wire some where.It first started when they replaced a bulb in the boot.They told me drop it in tommorow and they will look it over.will let you know the outcome. It may be an easy fix that you could do at home.will get them to tell me exactly wat they done.

If anyone could tell me a fix for the problem I would be most grateful, my 1998 avensis estate has just done the same thing - no interior light and no CL at all, all fuses that I can find are ok too...

Change the dome fuse and all your problems should be sorted, for some reason it run's the lot. Went on mine a couple of times when I had an Avensis.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links