Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blueflame

jerry phipps

Hi peeps

Has anyone on her got a blueflame exhaust? I have been looking into getting one as they are at a very good price. Just want some feed back from members. Perhaps any Turbo owners or N/A owners. They seem to be of very high build quality and the good thing that they are twin exit exhausts as well. And made from stainless steel as well. I think that the bore is 4" But dont quote me on this it could be larger?

Cheers jerry!!

I've heard a bit .. don't really rate them. Seems you get what you pay for.

a 'budget' option

but then if its good steel and good welds you cant really go wrong

mongoose are made by blueflame IIRC... and they are highly regarded

Well if thats true then they should be a good alternative. Will look into this some more :yes:

jerry!!

Im deciding whether or not to go with one at the mo too, as much as I'd like a blitz I dont know if I can put up with the noise :blink: I have a movie of what a blueflame cat back system sounds like if your interested, pm your email and I'll send it to ya mate :thumbsup:

Just fitted a Stainless Steel de-cat exhaust to mine, it looks similar to a Mongoose but I've been told it's not. Build quality is as good as any Mongoose I have seen in the flesh (and I've seen several). I've seen and heard a few Blueflame exhausts too and they look almost identical to a Mongoose except the tailpipes are angled out to the sides more and they have rolled tips instead of slash cut. Sound wise the Blueflame/Mongoose are near enough the same with the goose having a deeper tone. At normal part throttle speeds and around town I would say its non-intrusive, a nice throaty burble, but hit the loud pedal and it's time for earplugs these babies are LOUD.

SSExhaust2.jpg

Bob

I am half tempted by one as well... The website state they make exhausts for Lotus, TVR, and Bentley, and I know they are highly rated in the bike world as one of the best.... How bad can they be??

Well if they make for Lotus, TVR, and Bentley. These exhausts have got to be good as i cant see bentley compromising on the build quality there :yes:

jerry!!

Can't see Bently compromising? Ha ha ha .. and for Lotus and TVR .. says it all :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

nice sound to the car mate :) wouldnt mind mine burbling like that :D still not sure what to get system wise, if I have the money it'll be a hayward and scott system otherwise mongoose I reckon :)

jerry phipps did you get the sound clip I send by email mate? just wondering what you thought :D

oh and could any turbo owner with a mongoose exhaust or a blueflame one take a picture for me from directly behind, Ive not seen one in real life and I would like to see how flush they fit at the rear please. Strange request I know :blink:

jerry phipps did you get the sound clip I send by email mate? just wondering what you thought :D

oh and could any turbo owner with a mongoose exhaust or a blueflame one take a picture for me from directly behind, Ive not seen one in real life and I would like to see how flush they fit at the rear please. Strange request I know :blink:

Yes mate got the sound clip which you sent me mate :thumbsup:

Cheers buddy ;)

jerry!!

here's a quick clip of my car - it has a mongoose/decat, apexi power intake and custom intake pipe - it will give you an idea of sound though:

Click For Video

That does sound nice. Nice deep burble :yes:

jerry!!

Hi Jerry,

Don't know if you remember me, I helped you out with the original install on your Yaris TS...

Drop me an email mate as I've lost your contact details and woudn't mind cathing up.. email@steveratcliffe.co.uk.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Jerry,

Don't know if you remember me, I helped you out with the original install on your Yaris TS...

Drop me an email mate as I've lost your contact details and woudn't mind cathing up.. email@steveratcliffe.co.uk.

Cheers,

Steve.

flippin heck! theres a blast from the past!

• 2 weeks later...

the blueflame seems well constructed but not sure about the angles tail pipes though...... :blink:

there's a close up picture of the blue flame back box on the rougesystems web site.

from what i hear they're good exhausts, same as the mongoose. 3.5" tailpipe, pretty sure the rest of the exhaust is 3" with a 2 1/2 inch stepdown for the connection to the cat/downpipe. def 2 1/2 inch where it connects

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links