Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazon Sat Nav

Dublin Dave

I have just purchased a '03 Amazon with sat nav. I was wondering if anybody has fitted a reversing camera to the origional screen. I had a quick look at it and noticed a 6 way block on the top of the unit (at the screen). If somebody had the pin outs?

Thanks

Dave ;-)

• 2 months later...

I have just purchased a '03 Amazon with sat nav. I was wondering if anybody has fitted a reversing camera to the origional screen. I had a quick look at it and noticed a 6 way block on the top of the unit (at the screen). If somebody had the pin outs?

Thanks

Dave ;-)

Dave Garrett O'Connor here also from Dublin. I have a TNS 300 sat Nav disk and i am trying to install it. I only got the car and have no nav manual. Could you help or do you know how to install the new Dvd update.

PS if you want the update let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Gareth,

The unit should be under the drivers seat, move the seat forward and remove a plastic panel with a flat screwdriver. You the eject the dvd in a normal way. I don't know if the tns300 will work as its a touch screen.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Nick,

Fitted the camera and change over box last weekend, looks good. Didn't use the block but bought a converter on the net from Caneda. Fitted the complete system in half a a day. Hopefully save the bumper.

Dave

Nick,

Fitted the camera and change over box last weekend, looks good. Didn't use the block but bought a converter on the net from Caneda. Fitted the complete system in half a a day. Hopefully save the bumper.

Dave

Dave

Thanks for that - could you let me have some more details if possible like where you got the bits from/part numbers and how much it cost you.

I am very keen to do this mod so would like to glean all the info from you if thats OK?!

Feel free to send me a private message if you prefer or give me a call on 07899 951227.

Thanks

Nick

Nick,

The box is https://crane.webminders.com/gnetcanada/nav..._rgb_toylex.asp bought as I said before on the net and the camera was similar to this, bough on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-WIDE-ANGLE-6MM-R...1QQcmdZViewItem . I drilled a hole between the numberplate lights looking down and pointed it looking at the tow bar. I fitted the relay box under the nav computer, under the drivers seat. The only real issue is that the image is only the last two feet before you hit something and also missess out the ends of the bumper. It is much better that not having one, and only half the price of a new bumper...........

Hope this helps

Dave

Dave

Excellent - thanks. The only question I still have is how do you select it? Have you linked it up to the reverse selector somehow or do you manually switch it on (if manually then I assume switching it on overrides the sat nav display?).

The genuine system comes on immediately you select reverse so I assume that must use the spare connector you found under the display unit?

Best wishes

Nick

Nick,

The relay box hax a connection for the reversing lights, I used the power of this light to both power the camera and switch the relay box. The camer comes onto the screen when placed in reverse. Works ok, it might switch quicker if the camera was powered full time. Worth a try for a second run.........

Regards

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links