Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Renewing Club Toyota Membership

Demonic Angel

I'm still umming and ahhing about renewing my Club Toyota membership, which expires on the 18th February. It'll cost me £55, so not a total bank breaker, but still money I could do with....

Whats the general view of the Club Toyota membership - is it worth it after the first free year?

I'm mainly thinking of the RAC membership, which would cost me over £150 more than the £55 Toyota are asking for, for that level of RAC cover - I know I drive a Toyota and its not likely to break down, but what if?

Plus you get discounts on holidays, car insurance and annual travel insurance, and the piece de resistance.... IF Magazine!

So, if you were me, would you do it? I've signed the Direct Debit mandate and stuck it in the envelope, which has been sitting on my desk here for a week because I'm indecisive and can't make up my mind!

:help:

Mines due in 4 days and I'm not renewing it, I don't use any of it.

My Dad has got the full whack RAC Cover and since I've been driving I've paid him £22 a year so I get the same as him on my own card so that aspect is covered. It's quite handy having him paying the whole amount, he definately pays around £100 but he cant remember the exact amount.

Plus £55 can be used for other things this month ;)

I wouldn't, I've had absolutely no mechanical problems with my car & can see no reason why I'd have 1 now. Plus (the main reason), I've only drove out of the North West once since I got the car (the meet for Kimi) & I know that if I broke down I'd be able to sort some help 1 way or another with a phonecall or 2.

I've had no problems at all with the car, so I dont foresee any problems or anything.... I guess its just that "what if" thing.... especially being a young woman on her own in the car and I dont think Richs Club Toyota Membership would cover me til his expires in July....

I guess I'm kinda thinking for the peace of mind factor alone, £55 isnt a high price to pay, because anyone who knows me knows.... it doesnt take much to start me flapping, especially the possibility of breaking down!

But then I think, my car is great, no problems, so why should I bother, except I dont want to jinx it all by saying that and then something bad happening!

:wacko: ARRGGHHHHH! :lol:

I never bothered with it with my Yaris... never needed it... infact... I still havent used my breakdown cover (*touches wood) even with my MR2.... I am lucky in that even tho I do tend to travel large distances... there are usually good friends with knowledge and tools to give me a hand should I need it.... that and the fact I always carry certain things in my boot (air compressor, engine oil, screenwash, toolkit lol)...

I usually get breakdown cover with my insurance... its usually not overly expensive.... I dont need home start etc...

I'm still umming and ahhing about renewing my Club Toyota membership, which expires on the 18th February. It'll cost me £55, so not a total bank breaker, but still money I could do with....

Whats the general view of the Club Toyota membership - is it worth it after the first free year?

I'm mainly thinking of the RAC membership, which would cost me over £150 more than the £55 Toyota are asking for, for that level of RAC cover - I know I drive a Toyota and its not likely to break down, but what if?

Plus you get discounts on holidays, car insurance and annual travel insurance, and the piece de resistance.... IF Magazine!

So, if you were me, would you do it? I've signed the Direct Debit mandate and stuck it in the envelope, which has been sitting on my desk here for a week because I'm indecisive and can't make up my mind!

:help:

thats some serious cost for you rac quote do they throw in a chauffer and a trip to a health spa if your car breaks down ????

ive just had my quote £87 which covers me in any vehicle and extra cover for my works van ( they have to send out a low loader to any van callout that i make)

that seems extortionately high over £200 i would check that they arent covering you for a fleet :thumbsup:

I don't think I will be renewing mine.... I'm covered by the AA through the bank for any car I drive so it seems pointless having both.....

As for the rest of it, I probably won't never use it anyway so can't see the point.

I renewed mine Em, coz it could cost you a small fortune to get towed off a motorway in the unlikely event of a breakdown.

It really comes down to peace of mind though as I hope not to break down in the Yaris :)

Very good value at £55 :thumbsup:

I pay extra to the AA to ensure that they will take my Gen 6 back to my home from anywhere. Dont think it cost me more than £120, but I dont have home start.

Hmm well most people who said they havent have breakdown cover elsewhere - and I dont, unless I get it with my insurance when I renew in March, but I doubt any insurer can beat £200's worth of breakdown cover for £55...

I think I'll wait til the middle of the month, check out my finances (as all my bills will have gone out by then) and then make a decision based on monetary funds remaining! :thumbsup:

Cheers everyone! :thumbsup:

Just found this on the RAC website and it seems like the highest level of cover would be solution 4, for £120 single reduced from £157, so on that alone it makes more sense to go for the Club Toyota indeed..altho have you compared other breakdown agents to see what they offer?

Just an idea ;)

RAC Link

I renewed mine Em, coz it could cost you a small fortune to get towed off a motorway in the unlikely event of a breakdown.

It really comes down to peace of mind though as I hope not to break down in the Yaris :)

Very good value at £55 :thumbsup:

I would go for it mate as you never know. My wife has the same cover and it's worth while having :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jerry!!

Just found this on the RAC website and it seems like the highest level of cover would be solution 4, for £120 single reduced from £157, so on that alone it makes more sense to go for the Club Toyota indeed..altho have you compared other breakdown agents to see what they offer?

Just an idea ;)

RAC Link

Yeah I have looked on AA as well, and similar cover is £163, so it does make sense to stick with Club Toyota, but its really just a case of affording it - I'm sure I can, because I'm currently not paying for my car insurance, so that saves me £70 a month anyway, so should be ok, but I'll wait and double check before I send off the mandate I think. :thumbsup:

It's totally worth having! You won't get the level of RAC cover at anything near the price you get it through Club Toyota. In fact, it's the only reason I rejoined with my old car and will be doing so again when the free year on this one runs out.

As Jerry said, "you never know". Forget about reliability of your Yaris. Just picture driving over glass and puncturing two tyres or perhaps locking yourself out of your car. :eek:

Worth it for the peace of mind alone. :yes:

Just picture driving over glass and puncturing two tyres or perhaps locking yourself out of your car. :eek:

:lol: Done... and indeed... Done, twice!

It's a complete b*****d when you get out to put the spare on, only to realise with dread that there are two tyres gone and you're in the middle of the Dales... and it's raining! :(

It's totally worth having! You won't get the level of RAC cover at anything near the price you get it through Club Toyota. In fact, it's the only reason I rejoined with my old car and will be doing so again when the free year on this one runs out.

As Jerry said, "you never know". Forget about reliability of your Yaris. Just picture driving over glass and puncturing two tyres or perhaps locking yourself out of your car. :eek:

Worth it for the peace of mind alone. :yes:

Good point Al, never thought of it that way :yes:

I won't be renewing mine.

I've got AA "option 200," and it's £87 for me for it's 2nd year.

I need this cover minimum, as it covers me in any car/ bike/ van.

Seeing as I've got a car and bike, it's useful to have, and so far, I've not used it.

• 2 months later...

Well, I finally got round to renewing this last night! :lol::lol: Only 2 months late!

£59 for a years RAC membership is a bit of a bargain :thumbsup:

Yes, I did mine a couple of weeks ago. Car's over a year old now. Freebie time's over. :lol:

I chose not to renew. The main reason for going gold was to get a discount on a service. After going gold the problem was that my local Toyota was not listed and the nearest one was over 30 miles away

I chose not to renew. The main reason for going gold was to get a discount on a service. After going gold the problem was that my local Toyota was not listed and the nearest one was over 30 miles away

Just what exactly, has this to do with renewing to Club Toyota? :wacko:

shhh Al! Don't ask :rolleyes:

I renewed mine a couple of weeks ago, but only got the documentation last night.

A

Not even had mine yet. As long as I'm on their list, I'm not too worried.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links