Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Hilux Surf 2.4td Problem

djdavecowell

Hi,

I have found this forum indispensible before and once again I ask for help.

My hilux wont start - it turns over well, but there is no "spark" and over the past week there has been a cloud of black mess come out of the exhaust every time I start it. Also, when I used to be able to start it, it took a few revs to get the engine sounding right.

I was wondering if this was the injectors, or could it possibly be something more serious?

I hope not :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Sounds like you need a set of glow plugs, also have you checked for any loss of fluids, a bit more info would help, like when was it last serviced, have all filters been changed, including fuel filter.

i think that it will be a problem with your glow plugs and that over time they have slowly given up the ghost and thats why its been running lumpy and have taken a few revs and a get all cylinders to come into life.

check that all your glow plugs are working or the main fuse for the glow plugs has not blown.

"I was wondering if this was the injectors, or could it possibly be something more serious?"

Yes it could be low and/or uneven cylinder compression which can only be cured by a engine rebuild.

Try out the suggestions 1st . It could also be some kind of pump problem or bad injectors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links