Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 Avensis

LesKidd

I have an Avensis D4D and have had a catalogue of transmission problems.At around 30000 mile the clutch had to be replaced. at 40000 miles the dual flywheel totally collapsed and had to be replaced.Gear selection then became a problem .It felt as though the clutch needed adjusting and after numerous atempts by the garage to rectify the fault another new clutch was fltted this did not cure the problem and I felt that I would just have to live with it.However worse was to come at 45000 miles the car made a horrible grinding noise and totally lost all drive. After being relayed back to the repairers the gearbox was removed to find that the splines on the clutch friction plate had been totally stripped.A close look at the gearbox input shaft revealed heavy wear and distortion of the splines.I am now in the situation that the shaft needs to be replaced/repaired or a new box fitted dependent on cost. A new clutch plate will also be needed.Toyota are not interested saying at 40000 this is normal wear and tear !!!!! :angry::angry:

I have an Avensis D4D and have had a catalogue of transmission problems.At around 30000 mile the clutch had to be replaced. at 40000 miles the dual flywheel totally collapsed and had to be replaced.Gear selection then became a problem .It felt as though the clutch needed adjusting and after numerous atempts by the garage to rectify the fault another new clutch was fltted this did not cure the problem and I felt that I would just have to live with it.However worse was to come at 45000 miles the car made a horrible grinding noise and totally lost all drive. After being relayed back to the repairers the gearbox was removed to find that the splines on the clutch friction plate had been totally stripped.A close look at the gearbox input shaft revealed heavy wear and distortion of the splines.I am now in the situation that the shaft needs to be replaced/repaired or a new box fitted dependent on cost. A new clutch plate will also be needed.Toyota are not interested saying at 40000 this is normal wear and tear !!!!! :angry::angry:

Hi mate, when you say Toyota are not interested are you saying the dealer or Toyota UK? I don't believe that any manufacturer can say this after a mere 40k. I guess you went to Minories Wearside? Used them once and wasn't impressed.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links