Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Alloys

Asterix187

Well my eBay alloys have arrived.

The tread pattern is different on one of the tyres (completely different tyre) and also there are some circular metal disks that look like they fit inside the wheel like a kind of spacer. The aloys have 35P stamped on the inside.

Would i need to fit the spacers?? (they originally came off a mk4 golf)

Well my ebay alloys have arrived.

The tread pattern is different on one of the tyres (completely different tyre) and also there are some circular metal disks that look like they fit inside the wheel like a kind of spacer. The aloys have 35P stamped on the inside.

Would i need to fit the spacers?? (they originally came off a mk4 golf)

The spacer sounds like a spigot ring. It fits in the centre bore of the wheel to centralise the wheel on the hub before tightening the wheel nuts. The centre bore of the celica is i think 54mm or thereabouts. Measure it and see what they are. You may have to get different rings. Easily obtainable from most good wheel retailers.

Some people don`t bother with them but i personally would. :thumbsup:

Where's the picture of the alloys then?!

Yeah, we want some pics! :D :thumbsup:

I would post a pic but i had them delivered to work so they are sitting on the floor at the mo. they are TSW venoms.

The ring is about 15-20mm thick and probably 150mm in diameter with lots of gaps etc......

I would post a pic but i had them delivered to work so they are sitting on the floor at the mo. they are TSW venoms.

The ring is about 15-20mm thick and probably 150mm in diameter with lots of gaps etc......

Oh right. It is a wheel spacer then. See how they fit without it first. if they fill the arches all well and good. If they rub on the inside edge you`ll need to fit the spacers. :thumbsup:

TSW Venom:

949949284.25020.326.jpg

That them?

look nice :drool::thumbsup:

yes thats them, all but brand new with new tyres, for £175 posted.

That for 17s? good price!

should look good on the Celica :thumbsup:

Well there is a new chapter to the saga!

It turns out, although the wheels will fit, the standard toyota wheel nuts will not fit in the holes for the new alloys.

So now some how i need to source a set of wheel nuts (not bolts that i got with the wheels) that will fit the toyota but also inside the alloys.

It just gets worse!! I havent a clue where to get these from!!!

Well there is a new chapter to the saga!

It turns out, although the wheels will fit, the standard toyota wheel nuts will not fit in the holes for the new alloys.

So now some how i need to source a set of wheel nuts (not bolts that i got with the wheels) that will fit the toyota but also inside the alloys.

It just gets worse!! I havent a clue where to get these from!!!

Try these guys, South coast wheels ask for Tim or Nick. They should be able to help you out. :thumbsup:

Well i have ordered them, £70 inc delivery

Hopefully get here for thursday/friday so by the weekend they should be fitted!

I'm Sorry mate, Venoms were in for 1 year back in 1997 and what a terrible year that was! I know £175 is a bargain but they are ugly, prone to kerbing and are found on most chav mobiles. The best thing they have going for them is who they are made by, it could be worse you could have bought Momo Arrows!

Sorry to p!ss on your fire but each to there own as they say!

Hope they is nice shiny ones for £70 :yes:

I'm Sorry mate, Venoms were in for 1 year back in 1997 and are possibly the worst alloy made! I know £175 is a bargain but they are ugly, prone to kerbing and are found on most chav mobiles. The best thing they have going for them is who they are made by.

Sorry to p!ss on your fire but each to there own as they say!

Thats crass. Doesn`t matter if they were in 'fashion' 50 years ago. If you like the look of something buy it. Not everybody has the same tastes, Thank god, or we`d all be driving round in identical tin boxes. :yes:

LOL I only got them for the tyres as they were new and it would have cost me more to have new tyres on my chipped, curbed and peeling standard alloys.

Anyway i know chav's are in abundance in your neighbourhood but here is rural worcestershire they are hardly any.

I'm glad everyone has different tastes, but there is no excuse for bad taste!

I dont give a !Removed! what year it was fashionable the fact is, or more to the point, MY opinion is their ugly, always have been, always will be.

If people did'nt point out whats right and whats wrong, how would we know!

You just don't realise how much I hate them obviously, and thats why you think I'm being harsh, In actual fact Im trying to help him, I cant stand people who say 'Thats Nice' etc etc when it's obvious something is not!

Anyway i know chav's are in abundance in your neighbourhood but here is rural worcestershire they are hardly any.

Mate don't be scared by all the nasty stories about Manchester. Most people around here have nicked all the good wheels from areas like your's and so you will find some of the greatest wheels ever in Manchester, If you dont believe me watch Crime watch! :D Listen, your motives seem honourable but take the tyres off and sell the rims on eBay, hopefully some brummie will have them off you!

Good for you, i like someone that speaks his mind!!!

Whats happened to you when you were younger thats made so much pent up aggression towards a set of wheels?

LOL i actually got em off eBay from.... Manchester!! so thx for that!!

http://www.tccn.nl/05-vraag/CM102/CM102-04FB3.jpg

thats them on a gen5, i dont think they look "that" bad?

I think the main reason is that they tended to be on badly modded cars driven by idiots!

Your car is nice and I'd hate to see it ruined so will fight like a man possessed to keep it that way! I like them that much I actually bought some Gen 7 alloys for mine! (Heres a picture so feel free to knock anything you dont like)

CelicaGT.jpg

Funny that there actually from Manchester though, on the up side its one less set I have to see on the road!!!

Gen7 alloys on a Gen6 look very nice!

Like i say i only got them for the tyres, and being 30 i have never actually seen these alloys on any car as i dont really pay that much attention to alloys (maybe i should!)

Still if i really hate them i will just flog them like you say!

Gen7 alloys on a Gen6 look very nice!

Like i say i only got them for the tyres, and being 30 i have never actually seen these alloys on any car as i dont really pay that much attention to alloys (maybe i should!)

Still if i really hate them i will just flog them like you say!

Dont look as bad on the Celica but then again Ive become bias! I won't give any bigger compliment than that so be happy you got some sort of positive comment. :thumbsup:

Wheels are cheap at the moment round my way, I paid £100 for those and they came with new Yokohama's and not a scratch on them. But like I said the nice wheels are always available up here, so if you ever want anything then PM me.

i dont like the gen 7 , with or without them alloys - end of. Also the gen 7 alloys were prone to flaking so i dont like them either . :lol:

but each to their own suppose. :thumbsup:

if you bought the wheels for the tyres why pay £70 for a fitting kit ??????????

eh?? because they are 17's and standard alloys are 16's.

I didnt think a set of wheels and tyres would become such an issue. I like my celica to look ok but i have it for the drive not for the looks.

Wheels are wheels to me, ok i may have some chavvy girls trying to jump in when i stop in a car park but that isnt all that bad is it?? lol

this thread is getting worryingly large!

i tell you what, i will post a pic when they are fitted so that you lot can all laugh at the 30yo with the chav alloys!

i dont like the gen 7 , with or without them alloys - end of. Also the gen 7 alloys were prone to flaking so i dont like them either . :lol:

Only prone to flaking if your a crap driver and kerb them! The only thing worse than Venom's are three spoke alloys! :lol:

Only prone to flaking if your a crap driver and kerb them! The only thing worse than Venom's are three spoke alloys! :lol:

is that why 100's were recalled due to flaking alloys mmmmmmmmm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links