Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D-4d Engines

Gaza_R

Met up with some of the N.I. 'Pug Performance' lads last night, we got talking about 'performance' diesels and they said the D-4D's are actually re-badged Pug Hdi engines! is this true? :blink:

I was considering buying a D-4D 'rolla if my mileage increased again, but if it's French built I'm staying well clear! :!Removed!:

that's not true,of course!!! :lol: the simpliest thing to do is to see that the power do not match--the avensis is 2.0D-4D/116h.p/same as corolla,the new 407HDI 2.0 is 136h.p..the new TOYOTA 2.2D-4D has 136h.p/150h.p or 177h.p.. :drool: there is NO 2.2HDI with tis power. :lol: But i heard that the AYGO's diesel engine will be 1.4HDI,also the toyota's 1.0VVT-i will be monted on peugeot 107 and citroen c1!!! :yes:

Not sure if this is true, never heard it before. But the Pug hdi engines are actually very good, my brother in law has got a 2.0 hdi, which he has retuned to about 160bhp. Goes like stink and still returns a better mpg than Ernie the milkman.

Looking forward to the 180 d-4d, hopefully it will go in the new corrola not just the Rav4

There's a good review on 4Car of the new Rav4

"A high-performance 175bhp version of the 2.2-litre diesel is available only in the top-spec T180, which has 295lb-ft of torque available from 2000 to 2600rpm making for a 0-62mph time of 9.3secs and a 124mph top speed. " B)

They USED to be rebadged peugeot engines. They were such dogs though that Toyota sold about three and gave up on them to make their own.

Seem to remember hearing the Aygo is fully built by Toyota so the diesel engine will be toyota as well. That'd make it the same one as in the Yaris and Mini

They USED to be rebadged peugeot engines. They were such dogs though that Toyota sold about three and gave up on them to make their own.

^^What he said :thumbsup:

:eek: As far as I remember, they used the 1.9 pug engine whilst they were putting the D4D plant together, it was well worth the wait from my exp.

They NEVER :eek: USED to be peugeot engines!!!!! :!Removed!: Toyota diesel engines have always been TOYOTA diesel engines.Their sound has nothing common with HDI or the older peugeot engines.Toyota diesels have quiet and soft noise.

Nope they definately used to use peugeot engines in the old shape corolla. up until 2001/2002 I think it was. It was just they were useless so didn't sell many of them

OK, whatever you say :D .that's interesting--maybe could be true if you're talking about the old corolla /1998-2001/diesel engine--1.9D/72h.p./ :blink: ,but i don't think you're talking about 2.0D-4D/90h.p./ :wacko: .But that's interesting about the 1.9D if it's true,i hope someone is sure about that. :bookworm: I just can't believe it. :eek:

must admit i didn't know that. always good to read these forums :thumbsup:

I can recommend buying the Corolla 116hp D4D. I have a 5 door hatchback Corolla with the 116 hp engine

corollakilpipeitossaetuviistopieni.jpg

That's mine, when driving about 80-120 km/h and with the 215/45 17" tyres it spends 3,8-4,2 litres per a hundred kilometers. In the winter about 4,5-5,0 litres per a hundred kilometers.

I highly recommend buying it :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links