Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lucky You Lot.......

slugger

hi all,

good looking site you guys/gals got here..... well, i guess a bit of info is traditional for newbies to divulge, so here goes.....

im slugger, i ride/build and race fast bikes [sorry, probably not your cuppa tea] :rolleyes: and i travel all over the uk to various meets/races etc in my lovely......wait for it.........

hi ace van! :lol::lol:

cmon... someone has to own one :rolleyes: to be honest i love it to bits, its 'usually' super reliable and when empty will drift nicely under torque :thumbsup: ahem......

anyways, i thought i'd come over here and pick your brains about a few things and join in the banter...

i'd say go-easy with the newbie, but wheres the fun in that? :lol:

slug :thumbsup:

Hey there and welcome. Nothing wrong with the Hi-Ace. I got to drive one for a couple of days last year and loved it! :thumbsup: Drifting around corners... I wonder what you could mean? ;)

welcome to TOC :D

where abouts in cornwall are you from ?

kimi x

Welcome to the club, my dad's company has 1 of those as a company van, haven't heard any complaints so far.

thanx for the welcome guys :thumbsup:

kimi.... i live on the outskirts of bodmin B) ....... and can regularly be seen at the portreath rwyb [they have cars as well as bikes] ;)

you a local then?

also guys, which forum is the best place to ask techy questions about my hi ace van? cant seem to find a suitable place to ask :unsure: [hi ace must be too boring to talk about huh] :lol::lol:

rich, your obviously a man of considerable taste :lol::thumbsup:

im a bit 'extreme' with my bike projects [built a turbo busa with about 360 bhp at the wheel / big bore busas/modded gsxr's etc,etc] when i get 5 minutes i'd like to do a few 'breathing' mods to the van....ya know, uprate the diesel pump output [probably via an adjustable fpr] big airfilter/ zorst mods.....maybe even look into some lumpyer cams from another toyota engine if i can find one with similar specs :D

Im not sure but does the Hi-Ace use the same running gear and engines as the Previa/Lucida

hi slugger ,

no not local yet :rolleyes:

try to get down your way as much as possible !!

nice pub near you then" the old inn " great pub grub :thumbsup:

aint been to portreath for ages,used to like the bassetts...can you see a theme here :cheers:

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Tell me more about this Turbo Busa! :eek: :D

i'll try to post a couple of piccys of the build/finished job.....wish me luck :huh::thumbsup: hmmmmm, had a mess around, seems i need to host piccys and then give addy/url..... this may take a 'pooter-phobe' like myself a while to figure out :lol::lol:

but basically the turbo was [sold on now to fund the 1400 big bore busa......which was sold on to build race-gixxer] :lol:

.. basically the motor was stripped, compression lowered via low-comp-je pistons and head-spacer....then re-built with heavy duty head-bolts/adjustable cam wheels/billet cam chain tentioner/clutch mods..... then headers modded to fit/turbo grafted on/up-pipe made to fit in through ram-air ducting in frame [nightmare job] :D waste gate / oil feeds and returns/plenum chamber......extra 4 injectors with secondary fmu fueling computer [to deal with on-boost fueling via rising rate fpr and all 8 injectors firing up] and then had to build a water/methanol injection system and rig up second stage of boost B) B)

all this equated to infinately adjustabl power.... [i used to run all day on 250 bhp and at the press of a button "second stage" could slam-in upto 360 bhp for those wheelie and wheelspin type moments [yes even with a 6" over swingarm [wheelbase extended by 6"]

will try and suss some piccys some time ;)

Hi and welcome,

I'm from Cornwall too near Hayle and when not driving my Yaris TS am usually out on my Yamaha Fazer. Most get over to the RWYB this year. :drool:

Jenny

Welcome slugger.....sorry to hear the standard busa was'nt fast enough for you.....but hey one of our guys supercharged a gsx1400 + £20,000 + other upgrades.....you certainly have to have the tech knowledge to do that kind of stuff....I'd like to see some pics of your projects though. :thumbsup:

one of our guys supercharged a gsx1400 + £20,000

He supercharged £20,000? Never heard of that, is it a difficult process?

hey jenny, rekkon we should meet up for a ride-out when it gets a tad warmer ;) :thumbsup:

popwud, yea m8 , even tho i did most of the parts sourcing and fabbing/building myself it still probably set me back 5 grand [on top of the cost of busa] :eek::lol: but hey, at what price fun ;)

realistically i could have done it a tad cheaper.... things like the second stage boost solenoids/plumbing were un necessary but its great to have another 'hit' of power at the press of a button :thumbsup: and i didnt need the 6" over swingarm but as i enjoy a bit of 1/4 mile dragracing it all just adds to the package :drool:

20 grand is a bit steep for a supercharger conversion, was it a tts kit? had many issues low-to high transition fueling! buddy of mine had a charged busa and had to change injectors if he wanted to run 10 lbs [for racing] and put back the stockers for road use [6lbs] so major pain in the ***** to play with upping the power! no such probs on my old turbo tho..the combination of fmu fueling computer and pc2 delt with all off boost and upto 20 lbs nicely with no adjustments needed other than to dial a bit more pressure onto the wastegate bleed :thumbsup: oh and run the water/methanol AND 118 race gas if i wanted to play above 12 lbs :rolleyes:

anyways, im in themiddle of prepping my current gsxr thou for the seasons racing...and i think a dsd 50 shot gas kit and control box will be fitted before the year is out :lol::lol: only thing is the pc3usb hasnt got igntion adjustability yet so running 2 maps is the only answer for the time being :rolleyes:

anyways, thats enough techy stuff to bore everyone with for one evening...**..if you want i could email a few piccys to someone if they were willing to host them and post em on here? just a thought :thumbsup:

*switches cheeky mode off again* ;)

one of our guys supercharged a gsx1400 + £20,000

He supercharged £20,000? Never heard of that, is it a difficult process?

It's grammer kev...I cant spell either.....although that looks ok. :lol:

Nice one slugger :thumbsup: .....I thought of plumbing on the bike but until they have fly-by-wire water hoses I'll give it a miss. :blink::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links