Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thick Pillars

peugeot107?

Hi All

The passenger door mirror, A pillar and tax disc add up to make a rather fat blind spot, so I've moved the disc up into the top corner passenger side, its improved matters significantly, so now I can see through the glass bit, who would have thought :rolleyes: ? glass at the top of the windsreen is just about straight up at the grey sky anyhow :( :!Removed!: Will I get a summons though for shifting the tax disc? :ffs:

Its a legal requirement for your tax disc to be in the bottom left hand corner of your windscreen. God knows why, but thats where its meant to be...

Its a legal requirement for your tax disc to be in the bottom left hand corner of your windscreen. God knows why, but thats where its meant to be...

I thought that Kimi on here who has a Yaris has hers up the top of the windscreen in the centre? I'm not 100% percent on that tho. As long as it's displayed clearly I dont see a problem with where it's placed myself but the authorities probably don't agree! :rolleyes:

Yeah Kimi has hers on the top left but from what I understand, legally you have to have it on the bottom left so that the police know where to look to see if you have one.... :lol:

you will be ok, its the people without tax discs they are after... :thumbsup:

Yeah Kimi has hers on the top left but from what I understand, legally you have to have it on the bottom left so that the police know where to look to see if you have one.... :lol:

LOL! A good point. :yes:

you will be ok, its the people without tax discs they are after... :thumbsup:

Yes, you'll be ok until some officer who has had a really bad day happens upon your car. :angry:

i beleive from my days training to be driving instructor the law states it has to be on the left hand side of the windscreen only, ive always had mine at the top and never had a problem

You're right! :yes:

Just done a check

You must display this disc on the left-hand side of the vehicle's windscreen. If the vehicle does not have a windscreen fitted, you will need to display the disc on the passenger side. For motorcycles, the tax disc should be displayed on the near-side of the bike. If a side car is fitted to the motorcycle, then the tax disc must be displayed on the near-side of the handlebars or on the near-side of the side car.

linky

Just done a check

You must display this disc on the left-hand side of the vehicle's windscreen. If the vehicle does not have a windscreen fitted, you will need to display the disc on the passenger side. For motorcycles, the tax disc should be displayed on the near-side of the bike. If a side car is fitted to the motorcycle, then the tax disc must be displayed on the near-side of the handlebars or on the near-side of the side car.

linky

Thanks for all your :help: , got it stuck up in the top left corner out of the way :thumbsup: .

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-sto...p?news_id=13878

Thought this link would interest you all too, cheers :D

Just done a check

linky

Thanks for all your :help: , got the disc stuck up in the top left corner out of the way :thumbsup: .

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-sto...p?news_id=13878

Thought this link would interest you all too, cheers :D

JUST CHECKING YOU LOOKED! :thumbsup:

Of course!

Having been in an accident involving a motorbike, it is a problem (though not the cause in my accident).

When moving onto motorways and the like, I now find myself "looking back" just like you'd do on a bike, before moving out. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I've put my tax disc at the VERY bottom left corner of the windscreen, where it's more or less behind the parked windscreen wiper blade; so it doesn't block any more view than the wiper blade does already!

Raggy :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links