Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So, Did We Go To The Moon?

Al J

Did US astronauts land on the moon?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Did we or didn't we?

• Yes, most definitely
    • No, not a chance
    • I'm not really sure

Thought I'd start a quick poll, following on from some of the discussion in the conspiracy plot thread.

Well, I watched the moon landings as a youngster and have listened to all the arguments since and I say, yes, we (humans) did go to the moon.

I'd like to think we did, however all the conspiracy theories about the shadows, stars etc etc make me kinda think there is a poissibility it was staged and maybe we didnt.... but I'd like to think we did - so I said "Not sure"

I'd like to think we did, however all the conspiracy theories about the shadows, stars etc etc make me kinda think there is a poissibility it was staged and maybe we didnt.... but I'd like to think we did - so I said "Not sure"

Same here ........ I've seen the for and I've seen the against. But people could have forged the photo's/videos etc like they could have forged the landing :wacko:

I not sure about the yanks landing on the moon, but not may people know that on 18th of june 1988 us Irish were the first to land on the Sun, to stop us being burned we landed at night to beat the heat :P.

I'm just a government stooly so I voted yes! ;)

But not the US government, surely? ;)

course we did!

all the photo problems have been prooven, there was a program on about it no long ago

Strangely enough I have searched the internet for the Great Cheese Shortage of the late '60s and can't find a single reference to it.

Can't really see the point in going to the moon if cheese is cheap and plentiful here on earth !

Strangely enough I have searched the internet for the Great Cheese Shortage of the late '60s and can't find a single reference to it.

Can't really see the point in going to the moon if cheese is cheap and plentiful here on earth !

more cheese grommit :thumbsup:

I was certain we did and had no reason to think otherwise until all these "did we?" stories started appearing so I chose "Not sure".

Yep, i have full belief in the Americans being the first on the moon.

But can anyone tell me why they havent been back yet? Why havent we got a Moon base yet? :huh:

But can anyone tell me why they havent been back yet? Why havent we got a Moon base yet? :huh:

they got there once, beat the ruskis in which millions of $$$'s were thrown in by the govenrment

then everyone lost total interest as soon as it had been acheived, and all the funding was removed

plus there is nowt there other than bauxite and loads of craters

Ok.. i voted no..

reason.. the space suits.. why wren't they given to the russians to clean up after the chernobyl disaster.. they said they wouldn't protect the people from the radiation.. the radiation in space is 200 times greater (so i'm led to believe) than what was in chernobyl.

I don't really care one way or the other tbh. :lol:

i voted yes. i'm sure i saw somwhere that if you have a powerful enough telescope you can see the bases left behind from the luner module when they left.

now as for the first moon landing?????? dont know there have been stories that it was staged as the yanks weren't ready and wanted to put the russians off untill they were

they got there once, beat the ruskis in which millions of $$$'s were thrown in by the govenrment

then everyone lost total interest as soon as it had been acheived, and all the funding was removed

plus there is nowt there other than bauxite and loads of craters

Yes, the space race was ludicrously expensive. Did serious damage to the Russian economy.

Me thinks NOT! always believed it was just to get one up on the USSR as was then.

Also what they would have learned from that they, would be alot nearer to going to Mars & such! + by now the moon would be ready as a jump point

The radiation at Chernobyl was in far greater concentrations than you'd encounter in a short space trip. Those suits would give a little protection but not much. If you get caught up in a direct solar flare you could be in serious trouble though. Ping! Going through the Van Allen Belts would have given them a couple of Rems of radiation possibly with a few more from the time spent on the Moon. It couldn't have done them much good but it would be nowhere near the 400+ Rems necessary for death. Stand in front of a hotspot at Chernobyl and you'll have a lethal dose in about a minute. :eek: It was a risk the astronauts would have been made aware of (possibly) and they took it. This is also the reason a trip to Mars could be a bit tricky.

Well said JAHill. :thumbsup:

I'll never forget the news footage I saw of Chernobyl, with soldiers being lowered from helicopters onto the roof and kicking pieces of debris back into the hole.

I thought at the time "How long have those poor guys got left to live?"

I researched this for college & everything that suggests that it was a hoax has got a proper explanation, I was in 2 minds before I looked into it but now I think they did land on the moon.

I remember hearing India declaring they were joining the space race a few years ago then when some1 mentioned how much it would cost they swiftly changed their mind, thought they would have at least looked into the costs before saying they were going to do it.

I clicked not really sure as there are theorys for we didnt and then there is surpossed evidence we did like glass beeds found in the rocks they brought back are perfectly round which is not possible to produce in our gravity and then there is the mirror they said they put on the moon to reflect a laser beam back to see if the moon is drifting away from earths gravity and the experiment is still going on now.

And then there is the theorys for we didnt like the pictures show shadows where there should not be shadows and that humans cant survive in outer space for long periods due the radiation without the protection of the earths magnetic field.

God, I'm going to look like a right NASA tool... or a geek...

The shadows that were going off in different directions can be replicated on Earth. It's just uneven ground causing the shadows to be "contorted" around the contours of the ground. The Moons surface is also so bright that it makes determining elevation differences fantastically difficult. The brightness of the Moons surface is also the reason there are no stars in the picitures... It washes out the stars due to exposure.

Another I like (just watched a vid on a hoaxer site) is the "glove in a box". Where they state that because of the vacuum in space, the glove could not have allowed full movement of the hand due to the pressure... Well bubba, they do okay on EVA spacewalks on the Shuttle when they're using wrenches and screwdrivers and the vacuum there is just as powerful as that on the Moon! BUSTED! :thumbsup: ;)

Radiation... Just read that Buzz and the guys did pick up some rads but that's why they limit the number of times they can go into space. Rads are the biggest problem as there is very little we can do to limit exposure to it.

Oh yeah... On reasons to return... If we actually get to discovering and building *Fusion* reactors (as opposed to Fission), one of the types use a fuel that occurs wherever regolith (top soil) has reacted with solar radiation... I think it's called something like Helium3 (geek geek) and because the Earth receives only a little Solar Radiation and the Moon is bathed in it... Get mining... Remotely! ;)

:fear: I've said too much... I'll get my coat!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links