Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car's Dont Come With Side Protection Strips Any More?

kleen

well that one sure got everyone going :P

I still have to say I think in an ideal world you wouldn't have side strips...but in reality it's that, or serious paint/body damage.

Like I said, my car was a week old, and I parked miles away from everyone else and still some a** managed to ding it...

I think the colour and size of the car have a bearing on how good/bad they look. Mine's an Igneous Grey Verso, and they are the proper Toyota strips...I think they actually look allright!

Yes they won't stop all damage, but I reckon they probably stop about 75% - so they gotta be worth it.

Of course, what you need as an accessory is an alarm add on. It would detect any knocks to your doors whilst "armed" and then release a mechanical sledge-hammer that targets the car nearest the knock....

Off to the patent office now :)

Had colour-coded side stips fitted to my Avensis (440 euros, Toyota's own). It was only a few weeks from new that something looking like an air pistol dint appeared on one of the rear passenger doors. Fortunately the strip went nicely on top.

In addition to some peace of mind, dividing the doors' surface area makes any dents less noticable on that vast expanse of metal.

But we shouldn't take our cars too seriously if we want a healthy life. My last car bought from new had a wacking great crease in it 3 weeks after purchase even though I parked way pack in the supermarket car park with no neighbours, and since getting the door strips on this new Avensis, someone scratched their car along it and did a runner.

The Avensis looks better for the strips IMO, but they're out there and they're gonna get you no matter what you do.

But we shouldn't take our cars too seriously if we want a healthy life. My last car bought from new had a

Yep - you're right about that. I'm just suffering from 1st crease/dent/scratch syndrome....Always the worst, after writing out a very large cheque :)

I just have a few "self" rules about parking up. One is when you park up, have a quick peek in cars both sides. Any toys or child seats... Move. Antoher is, don't park next to bangers, they probably don't give a ****! Avoid burberry. Avoid 4x4's. Anything that looks like a repmobile... avoid. Always park next to cars with the closest colour match to yours! :D

Or just get over the dents.

Or buy an MOD Landy.

Or a tank... That's a real tank, not a Volvo.

Yep, baby seats and bangers for me too. Cars that have stuff scattered over the passenger and rear seats get extra points for the high probabilty of a sole occupant.

Sometimes I may break the rule if I see an identical make and colour -- somehow find it amusing to park next to them. Maybe it's also to show solidarity. Or maybe thesedays it's to say "Look, I've got one like yours -- but mines got side stripes so there! :D

I find us Yaris drivers stick together. A fair few times I've come back from the shops to see one or two Yaris', including mine in a little group. Madness I tell thee!

If you have to park in a busy place, park next to the newest most expensive vehicle you can find.

If you have to park next to kiddy wagons / bangers then enter the registration into your phone. :thumbsup:

fleaBay have some Avensis (latest model) Black Metallic door trims, just in case anyone is interested. Not me selling. Just thought someone might be interested.

I find us Yaris drivers stick together. A fair few times I've come back from the shops to see one or two Yaris', including mine in a little group. Madness I tell thee!

Yeah, we share a car park at work and a few weeks ago, someone in one of the other companies bought a Yaris and more often than not it parks next to mine... :lol:

Yeah, we share a car park at work and a few weeks ago, someone in one of the other companies bought a Yaris and more often than not it parks next to mine... :lol:

Saw this today in my local CoOp car park. Three Yaris in a row then I watched a lad in a black Yaris that followed me in drive around a bit before parking one row in front. I'm sure he was toying with the idea of putting it in line but he didn't. Booo!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links