Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae 92 Power Run

philcook

Hi I put my car on rolling road at the weekend and did power run to see what sort of power it has.

Was just wondering is 104bhp at wheels good?

Does anyone know what is as standard when it left the factory (15 years ago), I can't seem to find anything, one my mates thinks it was 108.

Regards

Phil.

At the flywheel the Corolla GTi standard produced in the region of 124Bhp TVIS model (1987-1989) and 129Bhp non TVIS model (1989 -1992).

To manage to get 104 Bhp at the wheels sounds good to me if the car is standard as you always lose power through the transmission hence why figures quoted for marketing purposes are flywheel figures.

sounds very good to me, if you talking about a standard engine. less than 30 bhp in transmission. and 15 years on to :)

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure it was any good, as couldn't find out what it was to start with.

The only modification i made so far is up rated panel filter, the bloke who did the run said still very smooth through rev range and response very well, also pointed out it seems to be running bit lean, with bit of fuel management could increase that quite easily.

It has given me nice baseline now for modifications.

It is non TVIS engine (1990), it also done 122K now so think it is good car.

Hello phil,Well done mate with just a panel filter! what was the power at the flywheel just out of interest?The reason i ask is coz ive had 5 Ae92`s and two of them were put on a rolling after normal mods..Exhaust,Air filter,Spark plugs n Leads.

first one ..... F reg tvis with 150,000 miles flywheel 139bhp

second ..... E reg tvis with 170,000 miles flywheel 137bhp.

God i cant wait to get another Ae92 they kick ****!!

I don't know what it was at flywheel the print out I got was only for the wheels.

I thought you got two sets of results when did power run one for wheels and one for flywheel, but I only got 1 printout and I asked where is was from and he said at the wheels. Maybe they don't measure both at the place I went to, I wasn’t 100% sure what to receive as was my first power run.

Sorry can't help there.

I don't know what it was at flywheel the print out I got was only for the wheels.

I thought you got two sets of results when did power run one for wheels and one for flywheel, but I only got 1 printout and I asked where is was from and he said at the wheels. Maybe they don't measure both at the place I went to, I wasn’t 100% sure what to receive as was my first power run.

Sorry can't help there.

to get flywheel results you need to remove your engine and put it on a bench dyno all wired up running, places that give you both are only guessing the flywheel result.

sounds good dude. if i recall correctly there is a fuel enrichment adjuster on the passenger side spring turret. get em to give it a tweak on the dyno next time your there

The rr's that give you an at the fly figure are just guessing anyway!

www.pumaracing.co.uk gives a rough guide for estimating at the fly figures. For a front wheel drive car add 10 bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.9.

This gives you an estimate of 126.7 bhp.

:) :thumbsup:

sounds good dude. if i recall correctly there is a fuel enrichment adjuster on the passenger side spring turret. get em to give it a tweak on the dyno next time your there

That adjuster is only to adjust the mixtue on idle, doesnt make much difference up the rev range unfortunatly! :(

Phil thats not bad at all tbh, considering that every rolling road gives different results!

When my AE86 was standard and running its 16v TVIS engine i had it rolling roaded at 101bhp at the wheels, with 117ft lbs of torque and estimated 128bhp at the fly!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links